Late Night Carb Craving

(Meeping up the Science!) #21

Yep! Could be salt, too. Can be a ton of things. Must experiment and see.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

I get carb cravings all the time. It’s a consequence of being a sugar addict, in my opinion. I used to get similar cravings for alcohol in the early years of my sobriety. Try telling yourself not that you are never going to eat another carb in your life, but rather that you can have whatever you are craving—just not right now. Try postponing it until tomorrow (“I will definitely have that dozen glazed doughnuts tomorrow, just as soon as Dunkin Donuts opens”), or for an hour, or even for five minutes. You may be surprised at how manageable that makes the cravings.

The good news is that eventually the cravings will subside into the background noise of your brain. The bad news is that it will probably take some time before that happens.

(Dan Dan) #23

Your Calories are low so your basically starving yourself :wink:

You did not mention supplements I would take a good mufti-vitamin mineral and Omega-3 :thinking:

And give it time :grin:

or

You can bite the bullet and go IF(OMAD) consume one meal a day and only zero calorie drinks the rest of the day. The health and mental benefits would be well worth it and you could increase your calories if you wanted :star_struck:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Mark Heard) #24

What do you think my calories should be ?

(Bunny) #25

I only count the sugar and carbs (so much simpler); counting calories and macros is a waste of time and such an unnecessary burden, unless your doing rocket science for NASA in my opinion (I have never had the slightest problem with doing it this way)!

As Dr. Eric Berg describes in this video; is how to add (hidden sugar) more sugar into the equation from the carb count! Counting calories is implying (my opinion) you plan on eating the sugar or adding sugar as part of your carbohydrate allowance!

(Dan Dan) #26

That being said I IF/(OMAD) and consume roughly 2000 - 2500 Kcals I Don’t have hunger or craving even during my weekly 48 hour EF (Extended fasts) :grin:

(Ron Mc Curley) #27

Wow I have so much too learn but I am in for the long term. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Just have some pork rinds instead of carbs when you’re craving them.

(Kevin M.) #29

Yes!!.. true story

My goto late night snack is peanut butter with some powdered cocoa and stevia/eurithrotol sweetener. Pretty close to a Reeces Cup. Need this lessay now but it’s helped many nights.

(Elle Renegar) #31

I’m a newbie to this forum but have been reading everything I can get my hands on. Ghrelin the hormone that stimulates your appetite is released in a circadian rhythm and according to Dr. Fung, it peaks around 8 pm and is at the low about 8 am. So resent, it’s on page 208 in The Complete Guide to Fasting.
Next time I think I’m ravenously hungry, around 8 pm, I’m going to take a fiber supplement to see what happens.

(Rob) #32

My stupid trick for late nights is to brush my teeth earlier than I otherwise would which gives a bit of mouth action and I find the minty taste subliminally says ‘no more food today’.
I know… I’m fooling no one but myself… buts that’s all I need to do :grin:

(Vick Noumon) #33

Just started my keto diet yesterday Monday 12 November 2018
Today is the second day and I am so hungry

i really find a fat bomb or 2, (usually coconut butter, nut butter, walnuts and pecan topping, a touch of coco and stevia)… eat that, and the craving is gone.
youtube fat bomb recipies.
in the first few weeks, they saved me!