Ladies with Keto Purses ๐Ÿ‘›๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ‘

(Zu) #6

Funds to buy keto on the run at leastโ€ฆ good strategyโ€ฆ packing lightโ€ฆ My bag is big, I can handle a few rotisserie chickens - or that volume in stuffing, gravy and chicken skin should be fineโ€ฆ

Most cafes donโ€™t carry heavy whipping cream without sugar here in Ireland (there are some that have it, but not as many as I would like to). So I always do a pitstop at a supermarket or I carry a little jar with double cream ( 47.5% fat) in my purse. The bottles they sell are small enough so I can sneak some in my Americano without being seen.

(Zu) #8

Goldenโ€ฆ I can picture it nowโ€ฆ Does it spoil - or do you eat is quick enough that it doesnโ€™t get the chance? Our first officially confirmed lady keto purse goodie. :trophy::medal_sports::1st_place_medal:

The bottle I buy is 250 ml so itโ€™s small enough to use what I need when Iโ€™m out and then I bring it back home to the fridge and my boyfriend and me use it pretty quickly, itโ€™s usually gone in a couple of days. But itโ€™s also true that is never too hot in Ireland, so I guess that helps. Other days, when Iโ€™m planning to go out and I have some at home, I pour what Iโ€™m going to need into a small jar and take it with me. What I have noticed is that if I move my handbag too much (like walking around too much), the cream whips a bit in the bottle and gets a bit thicker :wink: but smells and tastes perfectly fine.
Iโ€™ll love to hear other people tricks and ideas!!

(Zu) #10

Well when I buy raw organic cream, Strangely it taste better and better the more it sits out - it takes on a new savoury taste, which I then use in place of butterโ€ฆ this isnโ€™t the case though with the pasteurised stuff though, and its not easy to find here.

I think that might be because itโ€™s turning into creme fraiche, which is delicious! I found this recipe here a while ago and I have been planning to use in the future DIY sour cream (technically creme fraiche) ;) It might be fantastic with your raw cream!!

(Zu) #12

I know, rightโ€ฆ saddest part is I usually eat it all before it gets thereโ€ฆ

(Zu) #13

Officially bookmarked!

I take water and a carton of Premier Protein. Caramel flavor!

(Sophie) #15

Simple Oil and Vinegar for salad dressing because apparently itโ€™s so rare that most restaurants act like theyโ€™ve never heard of it!

(Cece Blackstock) #16

This is an awesome thread! My husband and I (both keto) usually pack a small soft sided cooler and take it with us everywhere. Usually it contains a pint of raw cream, a stick of raw butter, pinks salt, red clay salt, mac nuts, sprouted almonds (so good) and :100: chocolate. Sometimes pork rinds and cheese tooโ€ฆ :drooling_face:

(Zu) #17

I too am known for my various esky configurations for both hot and coldโ€ฆ Also for my car picnics with hub on long drivesโ€ฆ Our steering wheel is greasy often. My hub always hides a new pack of nuts under his seat after each new shopping. Our glovebox has cutlery, wipes and salt! My hand bag usually has a clean tea towl because I was sick of arriving at appointments covered in crumbs, as a result of car picnics. And just in case I have white king fabric wipes for when I spill my BP DRINKSโ€ฆ Which is very very often lol They go up my nose when hub accelerates lol

(Cece Blackstock) #18

Ha ha!! Omg! I forgot about the cutlery and hand towels in the glove box! Ditto that!

My mobile coffee making kitโ€ฆ
Insulated gel freezer pack mini carrybag
Individual coffee sticks
Flavoured coffee selection
HWC in little bottles

12v immersion heater for car
I also keep a suitable coffee mug and bottled water in the car.

(Sheri Knauer) #20

I usually just carry my Redmans real salt in my purse but Iโ€™m on vacation now and we traveled by car and rented s condo for a week so I could pack up my keto foods to take along. So we stopped at a place for dinner along the way and I asked if they could make a crustless pizza (we were in NY and we always had to stop somewhere for some NY pizza) The 8 of them behind the counter looked at me like I asked for 10 lbs of whale blubber or something. Ok. So thatโ€™s out. The only other thing on the menu I could have was the salad (iceberg lettuce, tomato, olives, and onion). So I ordered that without the dressing. Again the look. I asked if they had olive oil (it was a pizza joint after all) and they said no. So I told my husband I didnโ€™t want a salad. He didnโ€™t hear me and got it anyway. He brought over a small container with an oil (I think it was corn oil) from his private stash. No way. So, I dumped out the oil in the trash, went to my car and filled the container with my EVOO, dug out an avocado, and grabbed my Real salt. Iโ€™m going to have to reevaluate the keto purse thing.

(Zu) #21

Wowโ€ฆ I think that would make people want to be ketoโ€ฆ People from all sorts of woes would convert just seeing that.
I like it very much! Absolutely gorgeous, and very organised!
The thought of HOT fattening drinks anywhere in my car is pure libration.

Ikr! I love it! Coffee anywhere. For pennies. Win-win :smiley:

(Zu) #23

A very valuable example of The importance of a purse stash.

I think we ladies need to pay heed to this example in this situation and protect our precious keto states and healthy woe by banning together and upping the anti on our purse keto goodies, and stand together untitled against succumbing to these LFHC devianciesโ€ฆ

On a side note; Iโ€™m totally shocked NYC didnโ€™t have itโ€™s own keto fathead pizza outletโ€ฆ If notโ€ฆ Possible business debenture someone!!!

I have little 1/2 teaspoons of pink salt in individual wraps that I keep in my car. My handbag only has my tea bags which I canโ€™t be without! Marrakech mint and green tea.

(Sophie) #25

Now that is Fancy Pants! Love!!! :heart_eyes: