Knee pain is gone!

I was just realizing I hadn’t taken glucosamine in quite some time and my knees haven’t been hurting anymore.

(Richard Morris) #2

I only feel my knee pain if I eat too many carbs.

(Scott Shillady) #3

3 months ago I dreaded going up and down the stairs to my office at work. My knees and hip hurt all of the time. Today I found myself running up them, No pain at all. I love the way that :bacon: Butter and Brie make me feel

I started in June of last year and my knees were still hurting at least through October. I thought keto wasn’t helping, but after that last flare up, things have been great.

Same thing with me! I was taking anti inflammatory and glucosamine. But, they barely worked. I was in huge pain…I had to hang on to the bannister because I felt like the pain was so bad that my knees could just buckle and allow me to fall. Then after a couple months of keto…I was surprised…I sauntered up and down the stairs pain free. I asked myself…“am I dreaming this?!..where the heck did the pain go!!!”

Just like what Richard said, if I eat very carby stuff,…I feel it in my knees…immediately the next day. Takes a couple of days full keto to get rid of it.

(Mark) #6

Knee pain gone and the plantar fasciitis I had in my left foot for years which I thought would never heal is completely gone,being pain free is one of my favorite benefits of eating keto and fasting ,the winning combination

Yes that’s it exactly. I’ve noticed that for years that too much sugar and I’d be hurting really badly. I was fairly low carb for years, but it took going full ketogenic for me to get rid of the lingering low level pain.

My knee pain is gone as well but i though it was due to the Omega-3 fish oil supplement. Anyone else supplementing with Omega-3?

(Cathy Schroder) #9

I’m not supplementing yet. I wanted to see how much I could recover my health without supplements. But both my knees were damaged about nine years ago in a car accident - the engine was partly pushed into the car by the tree I hit. It is only since I started Keto five months ago that I have hope that things are improving. My knees no longer threaten to give way on me, and I have pulled out my bike and ridden it a short way without any damage. I’m hoping to continue to see improvement.

That’s an AMAZING story! keep up the great progress!

(Jamie Hayes) #11

Don’t overlook bio-mechanical contributors to knee pain. It would be worthwhile having a gate analysis, where you are filmed (in high speed video) walking and running on a treadmill. The video is then played back to see if you are pronating or supinating on one or both sides. Then you try the same with shoes that correct your issue and get re-filmed. Some athletic shoe shops offer this as a free service. I had knee pain until I bought the right shoes this way.

Of course, you can have the right shoes, and they still look good, but the support has worn away. Most people keep shoes, especially athletic shoes, way passed their use-by date.

Finally, I hope you’re not doing leg extensions in the gym. These can irritate knee issues. Technically it’s called an “open chain kinetic exercise”, versus a leg press or squat that are “closed chain”. But I would not squat too deep.

(Bobbie Jo Stinger) #12

This is super! Like so many others, my knee pain returns if I eat to many carbs.

(T) #13

I didn’t have any joint pain before keto, but now if I have too many carb the joint pain is severe. It goes away once the carb load is lowered again.

(Sarah Barnbrook) #14

Awesome! I am looking forward to moving easier once I’m further into keto. One of my favorite parts is my rapidly reduced inflammation. It’s amazing

(Jake P) #15

I have some arthritis in my knees and usually in the cold weather and when it’s stormy my knees ache. I haven’t noticed any knee pain so far.

(Georgia) #16

I used to take Osteo Bi-flex, but haven’t taken them for a while and don’t have the knee pain now that I stopped eating sugar and carbs.

(Richard Morris) #17

yup it all helps

(softail925) #18

Yes, I take fish oil, but it’s for dry eyes! Works quite well, I might add!

(Antony Collins) #19

I have grade 2 - 3 osteo in both knees…left is worst.

Every 1kg (2.2lbs) of body weight puts at least 4kgs (8.8lbs) of pressure through your knees just walking never mind running, stairs etc. That was my motivation to start Keto and lose my first 10kgs (22lbs) quickly as that has now taken about 40kgs or 88lbs off each knee, just walking around…

(David) #20

Where do you get that value from?