Knee pain is gone!

(Antony Collins) #21

A number of sources but this is probably the most reliable. My sports physician also promotes this theory.

(David) #22

Cheers. I just felt like saying ā€œshow me the scienceā€ :wink: lol

(Antony Collins) #23

hahahaā€¦

(Marc) #24

I take fermented cod liver oil.

(Marc) #25

That reminds me of when I started going low carb a long time ago. I was doing Atkins thinking that I could get by eating some bread and some other carbage. Then I decided I would go really low carb, so I cut out the bread and all the other carbage and all of a sudden the aches and pains I had in my knees, back, neck, etc. went away. Iā€™m 52, I play hockey at least once a week and I havenā€™t had body aches in years. Simply put, this is the way we were meant to eat.

(Guardian of the bacon) #26

I recently had foot surgery. On my presurgery consult (5 months pre surgery) my surgeon said that every pound I could lose would reduce the impact on my soon to be surgically repaired foot bones by nearly 8 lbs because of mechanical leverage,

I was already keto then and down about 30 lbs, he was tickled when I showed up for surgery nearly another 60 lbs down.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #27

Yeah, I didnā€™t see significant inflammation reduction until I assiduously added Omega 3s to balance out all the 6s. I chalk it up to already being rather inflamed due to the stressors of adrenal fatigue and being a Shiny.

ā€œYou know, I really should knuckle down and get to work on that project Iā€™ve beenā€“ā€

(sees something pretty)

ā€œā€“Look, shiny!ā€

I took fish oil for several years before trying keto, and I could never tell much of a difference in my arthritis symptoms when I quit taking it. I was only taking around 2000 mg daily though. Iā€™ve gotten much more relief in the short time Iā€™ve been in ketosis. I still take fish oil, but just to boost HDL.

(Antony Collins) #29

100% correctā€¦great advise. Im 43 and have grade 2 osteo in both knees and I couldnā€™t agree more Jamie. Nice Post.

I too have no knee pain now. There was a weekend a while back when I ate carbs and the next two to three days my knees hurt.

(Bunny) #31

@Fiorella Me too!

(Marlene Moleon) #32

Please, could you tell me which shoe shops offer this gate analysis? My uncle has a very bad knee pain.

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

Most good running shoe stores will offer this service. Do a search on "how to find a shoe store that goes gait analysis . Should give a listing for you.

(Marlene Moleon) #34

Thank you.
I will do that.

(Mike Glasbrener) #35

You can modify your gait also! Heel toe drop is really important! Get a shoe with a low heel toe drop and focus on a shorter stride. Head bob while running is an indicator. Long strides mean heel strike which is not natural and puts strain on ankle, Achillesā€˜ tendons and knees. I used to run in ASICS that had a huge heel toe drop to accommodate a bunch of cushioning which I thought was a good thing. I constantly battled running pains and I was skinny! After reading and researching I switched to a brand with low heel toe drop (4mm) shortened my stride and upped my cadence. My calves (muscles) ached while I built them up but had no knee pain.

Speaking of knee painā€¦,

Iā€™m 56. About 1.5 yrs ago I tore my right quad. I switched to low carb then keto as I rehabbed. After rehab I still had much knee pain and had arthroscopic surgery on right knee the difference was huge. In October ā€˜17 I was thinking about getting left knee done and we had a huge calamity in the community (fires). I put it off. Around Jan of this year I noticed much less knee pain in both knees. Coincidently, my blood sugar dropped throughout the year and now fasting blood glucose is in the mid 80s to mid 90s. My knee pain continues to improve and doesnā€™t seem to be troublesome any more.