Ketone blood levels advice?

(Consensus is Politics) #42

This is my own opinion, based solely on speculation by what little I actually know about biology. That said, I’ve always been a science geek, and am a Master Troubleshooter, capable of thinking circles around the box.

I think if you already have enough protein, then any excess needs to be delt with. Protein can be turned into glucose, although I doubt that’s the most efficient way to deal with it. I beleive other things going on may effect priorities of this. Again, no science to back it up, just a thought.

Alternatively, and probably most likely, there is an ingredient not listed. I’ll be doing some light research on this and will come back and report findings in the next few days. If I find anything worth mentioning.

Keto Vitae!

(Consensus is Politics) #43

Ah… but remember, BG monitors have an allowable inaccuracy of +/- 20%. So it’s possible your true reading of that 97 could really have been just over 115. That’s high enough I think to trigger a substantial insulin spike iirc.

(Brandy Leigh) #44

New to keto. 21 days. Lost 10#s 2” in first week and half and have stalled. Been tracking blood for the last 3 days, trying to see if I can see a trend. I bounce from .04 up to 3 yesterday.
My highest is after my morning fast, or workout.
But is it normal to fluctuate so much? Am I over thinking it?