Ketoing for over a month, still confused

newbies

(Karen Parrott) #41

Yep. Alt-Shift would have been great for me in my 20’- 30’s but I can’t shift any more. I tried in 2015 and quit after 6-8 weeks. Glucose meter said nooooo.

I’m a big Jason fan, but can’t use that food template.
Still a fan, just not Alt -Shifting. I met Jason in real life today n 2011 when he and Sarah were doing Every Day Paleo workshops. Very valuable info.

(James storie) #42

Yeah, I was excited to try it because so many people were having success and I was in a major stall! All I did was gain weight. I did adapt my mayo recipe from his cook book!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #43

CICO is a myth.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #44

Someone please make me a “NOT a CICOpath” tshirt.

K thanks.

(What The Fast?!) #45

Monkey See, Monkey CICO?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #46

That’s pretty good.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #47

If the calorie content of food is the main focus, it is a dramatic oversimplification of the metabolic processes involved.
Calories don’t matter.
Hormones matter.

The TYPE of food matters, which is why I practice not even using the term “calorie”. Our society has been brainwashed.

Many believe if the obese ate less and moved more they would not be obese.

That is a HIGHLY FLAWED way of thinking!!!

(Arlene) #48

Not just flawed, it keeps the blame on the individual. Blame is everything in the legal world. Big food and pharma get to keep abusing the world, raking in huge $$$$$$$$$$$, and remain blameless under the current rules. CICO will reign for as long as they can keep it going. Self preservation.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #49

Ha! My whole comment is a blur spoiler.

NO shit, right? I’m still so fucking mad that my doc and the ADA blamed ME! Metabolic derangement and insulin resistance run in my family. I was doomed from the start. It had NOTHING to do with my caloric consumption,
but rather, my carb heavy standard American diet that even the goddamned ADA recommended. Fuckers.

a myth for some; I agree it is not a one-size-fits-all situation

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #51

That our bodies are affected by the metabolic processes of hormones are fundamentally the same in the human body. Counting calories is a failed premise.

(Michelle) #52

pretty freaking awesome. CICOpath. ha ha ha

(eat more) #53

haha i used “cicopath” in a sentence the other day…i thought i made it up and felt very clever and here it is! :joy:

(Mike W.) #54

What sort of instance would this be true? One of the biggest issues when people start Keto is restricting calories and screwing up their metabolism.

There’s a middle ground between restricting calories and binging on calories. Also especially at first it can be difficult to trust one’s satiety signals and differentiate between adequate nutrition and stomach fullness.

(Mike W.) #56

What effect do calories have on Ketosis?

OP is concerned with weight loss as well as ketosis, and giving consideration to calories can be a tool for that.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #58

(Adam L) #59

Below seems relevant to where this conversation has gotten to. It’s from @ted.naiman & seems to me to show the interplay between keto & calorie intake - specifically calories eaten from fat. He’s advocating keto principles on carbs & protein, he’s clearly not advocating “no limit on (fat) calories” and he claims on Twitter to have helped heal a lot of people with this woe. He’s advising hit those keto targets for carbs & protein then manipulate fat calories in depending on what your goal is. Absolutely there are CICOpaths out there who have helped ruin lives & hopefully they’ll get their just “desserts” via class action lawsuits one day (hello diabetes organisations across the world). Ted Naimans brilliant little diagram shows me that keto and recognition of fat calorie intake and its manipulation can coexist and are both important. (Ok he talks about fat grams not calories but same same - maybe he did that to not draw heat/hate from ketonians who would gladly flatten any CICOpath they meet! i.e. he doesn’t want @Brenda to pick him up & powerbomb him at ketofest!!!)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #60

Yeah. Ted did a podcast with the dudes. He’s cool. Did you see his ab pic on facebook and twitter? Lol. I always give him shit about his “nekked profile pic”