Ketogenic Forum Anecdotal Evidence Collection

(Camille Yeager) #1

Hi, so just a thought, and perhaps it’s been done, but I didn’t use the right key words to search. What if we, as a collective whole, put together our own stories on the ketogenic diet to create our own ‘epidemiological’ keto study? We could use something as simple as a google survey to collect info. starting weight, starting blood sugars, lipid panel info, approximate daily macros, etc. We could do them at varying lengths of time, like a 1 month survey, a 3 month survey, a 6th month, 1 year etc. We talk about samples of 1 (ie ourselves) all the time, but this could give us some pretty good hard data with a much larger sample size, that could be used for the greater good. Obviously it wouldn’t be as good as a nice controlled study, but we could definitely do some good.
We would need to get an idea of what questions to ask people, that will give us the biggest bang for our buck so to speak, and if we could get some doctors on board who might be willing to use this for future publications that would be even better. I’m putting this in the show me the science category, because we ARE the science, we just need to collect it.
Thoughts?

(Karen) #2

Love this idea.

K

(Paul) #3

What does myfitnesspal do with all their data?

with myfitnesspal , you can share your data with individuals…it would be interesting if a couple programming (.net) Rock stars would accumulate data shared with them —anonymize the private data and make the data public.

(Camille Yeager) #4

That’s a cool idea too

(Camille Yeager) #5

Here is one survey:
Continuing the discussion from Survey for Ketogenic dieters (past or present):