KetoFest 2017 - New London, Ct USA

(Richard Morris) #62

Social Saturday will be a good day to meet others and do fun stuff like pig picking and cooking and a bike ride.

Science Sunday will be a good time to listen to some lectures. But there will be some socializing at the bacon bar.

(Mary Ann) #63

Thanks @Chance and @Richard. I’m looking at my schedule now. :slight_smile:

(carl) #64

In case you missed it, you can still buy tickets at http://ketofest.com

(Allan Misner) #65

I’m more than excited. I’ll be doing fitness classes on Saturday. You can choose from HIIT training or beginner strength training. When Carl sets up the sign up pages, jump on it. There are limited slots to ensure I give you a solid fitness session.

(Patty W) #66

I’m like you, an unattached person who said, “what the heck, I’m going!” The folks on the forum seem a pretty friendly bunch…we should be just fine :sunglasses:

(Mary Ann) #67

Great! I agree :smiley:

Are you coming to Durham, NC for the road trip? (After Ketofest)

(Richard Morris) #70

We were going to, but we just didn’t see the kind of response we needed to justify it … so we cancelled the road trip. Sorry.

We’re going to make a lot of cooking demo videos instead while I am in Connecticut. That’s probably going to help us get the message out to more people than the road trip would have. And I guess a lot of people will see us for the weekend at Ketofest.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. I’m down 30lbs since March - thank you so much for what you do!

(Richard Morris) #72

Outstanding result. Well done :slight_smile:

(Andrea ) #73

I saw that there were tickets for health professionals on the site but when I went to purchase my tickets I did not see them available. Were the health professional tickets a limited supply?

(Richard Morris) #74

Yes we had a limited supply of free tickets for Health care professionals. We have 40 attending so it’s been a remarkable success.

If each of those see roughly 3,000 people over the next year; that is potentially 120k patients who will have visited a doctor that is at the very least aware of the treatment option of a ketogenic diet for patients with metabolic syndrome - between now and the next time Ketofest comes to New London.

(Tina) #75

How’s the parking around the church, the theater, and the event?

(betsy.rome) #76

Do you Dudes have a list of event locations yet?

I would imagine the schedule will be the last thing to post, but locations might help attendees figure out where we’re going to be, and if it’s walking distance, etc. Some might not be so mobile.

I remember some mention early on of Segway’s as a rental for transport - ?

Will there be Uber’s or taxi’s?

(LJ) #77

I’d love a Keto meetup in the research triangle in the fall. Helloooo counter culture :slight_smile:

(Mary Ann) #78

I’m interested too. I see there’s registration at 8 but a walking tour at 9 on Sat. And I’m wondering if I’m going to be able to make it from one location to another.

(Richard Morris) #79

There is a commercial Carpark just behind the theatre and between it and the Parade where Social Saturday will be. The Church has a carpark for maybe 50 cars.

@carl can probably speak to other parking options around the Ketofest precinct.

(betsy.rome) #80

Where will the Science Sunday seminars be?

(Richard Morris) #81

On the main stage at the Garde Arts Center [http://www.gardearts.org/]

(betsy.rome) #82

Noice!!