Keto Works

This is for the people looking to see if Keto works, ie, it does.

Before

8 Months in

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Tell your story. :cowboy_hat_face:

No real story for me, just got tired of being fat. Anytime I tried to lose weight in the past, I thought it would be working out. But never was serious about either. Finally looked in the mirror, and decided I needed to change. Started Keto 8 months ago, and have lost 65 pounds so far.

(Carl Keller) #4

A common story with extraordinary results is a very real story. :smiley:

Congrats Phil.

(Jay Patten) #5

Keto does in fact work, lol.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6

Hey congrats! That’s bomb progress in 8mos. I can’t wait to see where I’m at in 8mos. I got a ways to go, seeing as I havent even gotten to 1 yet!!! :metal::metal:

Do you think this is something you’ll continue doing once you’ve lost the weight you’ve wanted to lose?

I will continue the basic principles of the diet, but won’t be as strict when I reach my goal. I have learned the opposite of everything I was taught growing up. Nothing wrong with fat now. Keto is a different lifestyle philosophy which I agree on, my health and health tests compared to before prove it to me.

I will continue for the most part, just be less strict. It is not just to weight loss, you feel better, your mind feels better, etc. And I think it is completely sustainable overall. Yes, when I hit my goal I will cheat, but I think overall I am in for the longhall.

Hi Phil, that’s great. See how it goes. No need to pressure yourself now. When I first started I didn’t much have choice. I was expressing all the signs of prediabetes and it doesn’t help that cancer runs heavily in my family. In the same year I started in early 2018, we found out one month later in March that my mum was diagnosed with aggressive type 3 cell breast cancer she went from Stage 1 to Stage 3 cancer in 4 months from March to July. She is now two months finished with chemotherapy and is starting 5 weeks of radiation and in the process of getting rid of this after multiple operations. While my health has been a major deciding factor in my turn to keto, my family’s history of cancer in every generation of my mum’s side is a very stark reminder for me. Those are the major reasons why I have turned to keto and have decided to change my lifestyle.

Times change and we have to change with it. Take care of yourself and hope to see you posting on the forums and exploring your journey with us! :slight_smile:

(Windmill Tilter) #11

@Lobwedgephil

You should post this in the progress thread! Seriously!

I know I’m not alone in saying that I get so much inspiration from that thread. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve turned to it when things get rough and want to throw in the towel. It works every time. I say to myself, if they can do, I can do it, and just look what’s possible!

You don’t have to make a big production of it if you don’t want to, but just a paragraph about your journey and a couple of before and after pics could make all the difference for someone out there who just needs that little bit of inspiration to make it through a tough day.

Totally your call of course. Congrats on an amazing transformation!

Here is the link: The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!