Keto Strip Question

(Chris Arnau) #1

Hello everyone. I am a Keto Newbie. I have been very active my whole life and have tried many different diets and exercise routines. I like to try different diets and I recently decided to try the Carnivore Diet. So since 5/1/2021 I have not eat anything other meats. I am an avid hunter so I have a freezer full of meats ( Dove, Turkey, Deer, Elk, Hog, Cow etc ) So it’s really not hard for me because I am eating different meats every meal.

I have done a lot of research and reading (including the Your topic is similar to… beside this lol) and I can’t find the answer I am looking for. The answer may not exist because it could be different for everyone. But here goes.

Since the 4th day of this diet, I have used the Keto strips and have been all the way in the purple 160/16 side of the Measurement chart. I wish I would have checked it day one but I didn’t think about it. I am now 21 days into this and it is still 160/16. I feel great, energetic, and clear but I really can’t tell much of a difference between when I first started and now. I have always been a healthy-ish eater other than Cokes (which are my Achilles, and i have not had one in 21 days lol) and exercised, so I can’t tell much of a difference between when I started and now.

I am 41 years old, 5’11, 195 and would say I am 10-12% BF.

When should I see the purple strip start to go the other way? Is it bad if it just stays there in the purple?
How do I know if I am in Ketosis?

Thanks in advance, I hope this wasn’t a bunch of nonsense you didn’t need to know to get you to a simple answer.

Chris

(Laurie) #2

Welcome!

No need to worry. Different people get different results from keto strips.

(Robin) #3

I was never tempted to try or worry about strips. (Others use them often.) I know I am doing all that I can, and I have seen good results, so I just carry on. You got this!

(Jane) #4

Everyone is different and those strips are for Type 1 diabetics but can also be helpful early on to know you are producing ketones.

For most people they stop working after a couple of months. I am in my 4th year of keto and can still turn them purple. I have a keto blood meter so only try the sticks every 6 months or so out of curiosity.

You don’t need to test anything - just keep your carbs low - and they will be on carnivore - and you will do just fine!

The dark purple is because you have excess ketones, you’re in ketosis. But as a whole they’re useless, as you adapt you’ll show less in your urine possibly none at all. Doesn’t mean anything. Make that batch of them your last. If you’re eating near no carbs and you’re not dead, you’re in ketosis.

(bulkbiker) #7

Why thank you I would never have guessed…