Keto soup for the soul... Or a head cold!

(Valerie Williams) #1

This round I’ve been strict keto for about a month and successfully passed up bread, dessert, candy etc until a couple days ago when I came down with a cold. Boy did I want chicken noodle soup… Here’s what I came up with that worked for me.

(Valerie Williams) #2

Per serving : 2 cups homemade chicken broth, or good quality chicken bone broth. 2 scallions, sliced. 2 oz cooked roast pork, julienned. 1/2 bag shirataki vermicelli. 1 large egg. 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce. Pepper and salt to taste. 1 teaspoon grated ginger and 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro. 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil.

I made my own stock, so put ginger and cilantro in it. If using boxed stock add about a teaspoon of grated ginger and a couple tablespoons of chopped cilantro to it.

Bring broth to boil. Prepare scallions and pork and add them to heating broth. Meanwhile rinse noodles well in sieve or colander under running water. I then like to chop them up a bit and add them to the pot. Beat egg well in separate bowl. Add to rapidly boiling broth and turn heat off. Do not over stir. Add soy sauce, correct for seasoning and serve immediately garnished with additional cilantro if desired and a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.

Total time about 5 minutes.
If you have a cold you may think you’ve died and gone to heaven… or at least will live another day.

You could easily sub roast chicken or even beef for the pork.

According to Cronometer.com Carbs:5, Calories :381, Fat: 20, Protein : 44. Calculated using specs for Kettle and Fire Bone Broth.