This recipe has been adapted from http://dvfood.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/easy-grain-free-five-seed-bread-coconut.html
I removed the sugar & baking powder and use mineral water instead.
60 g psyllium husks
80 g coconut flour
25 g chia seeds
25 g sesame seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1.5 tsp Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
400g sparkling water (or regular water - but add baking powder to dry ingredients - about 2 tsp)
/************ The following is a list of seeds - replace seeds to your favourites but keep weight about the same************/
25 g Linseeds
25 g pumpkin seeds/pepitas
25 g sunflower seeds*
*add more sunflower seeds and less pepitas for lighter coloured buns
pre-heat oven to 200c (390f)
- Use a high powered food processor to grind all dry ingredients together to a powder.
- add the eggs, water and coconut oil and mix until it forms dough.
- knead the dough for 2 minutes and roll the dough into a sausage shape
- sprinkle sesame (and\or poppy seeds) on a tray and roll the “sausage” onto it
- cut into small bun shapes (I usually split it into 6 parts, but you can do up to 12 individual rolls)
- Shape into balls or rolls and place onto a baking paper lined tray and bake 20-40 minutes (depends on size of roll - 20 mins for small; 25 minutes for 10 rolls etc).
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Lighter buns (more sunflower, less pepitas):