Keto protein problems

(Keet) #1

Sup everyone.

I am doing keto now for a month and a half for mental benefits, not for weight loss. I like the certain feeling it gives me. I only deal with a problem. When i overeat on protein i feel the mental benefits slip away and start to feel anxious again. Atm i am around 110g of protein a day, and around 170g of fat a day. I do this by starting my day with 4 eggs and around 130g of bacon. Than in the evening i also eat bacon together with bok choy. I also eat one can of sardines a day, at least i try to, for my calcium. I used to also eat beef instead of bacon but i doesnt seem to be fat enough to reach my lower protein higher fat goal. I dont eat dairy and this makes everything really hard. Because of this i have problems getting my calcium at normal levels. I think i am doing it all wrong, i also have slight pain around my kidneys for 2 weeks now (maybe from the excess protein forming stones?). If someone could help me out with keeping everything high fat without having to eat bacon all the time, and keeping up with my calcium without needing to eat sardines all the time (high protein also). I kinda dont eat oxcaltes because of it forming kidney stones, but now i think protein is doing it. So maybe i should start eat more veggies? I am just completely lost in what to do. Advice is very much appreciated!

(Carl Keller) #2

Hello and welcome Keet.

You might find this article of interest. I do hope it helps:

(Keet) #3

Thank you! Its what i thought, too much animal protein, my whole diet almost consists out of that. I just dont know how i can eat other stuff to make up for it. So if you know anything that isnt high in oxcalates hit me up. Just easy non dairy stuff. I need to change the way i eat cause the path i am now following will give me kidney stones. Thanks again mate.

(Carl Keller) #4

You’re welcome. I hope someone else comes along to give you better advice. In the meantime I believe proper hydration as well as a little lemon juice might improve your condition.

Oh and I just found this thread that might also be helpful:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/ketosis-and-kidney-stones/1018