Keto Pets

(Little Miss Scare-All) #61

Nice African Grey. :+1: I had a Double Yellow Nape Amazon, named Sidney. She was quite cool herself.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #63

Aww I love Amazon’s too, they can be such clowns. How long did you have Sidney?

Just over 10 years or so, when she took ill. She was nut indeed. She loved talking up a storm, and trying to whistle like me when I would do so going round the house. I’ll try to post a pic here shortly. We were just looking at some older photos last night, so I know we have one.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #65

Aww Im so sorry, 10 years is far too quick. Chino (my grey), turned 12 in December. Always afraid of him getting sick, but I feed him him better than most people eat lol. Only gets organic, I make him mash of organic pellets, kale, sweet potato, carrots, and only spring water. His cage is cleaned constantly, I bring him to the best avian vet in NJ for 2 time a year physicals and bloodwork. Im paranoid cuz I dont have kids and hes my kid. I dont even like to think hes 12, it makes me sad lol. They can live well past 30 in captivity. I hope this is the case.

Yeah, 10 years was way too quick. But I got him about 34 years ago, so it’s a little different world these days. More vets to work with, better food choices, etc. I’m sure Chino will be around a long time. :slight_smile: … We probably have more and better photos packed away somewhere, (Most haven’t been uploaded to the computers) but my Wife was able to send me this one for now.

I’ve had a load of pets over the years, with a lot of them being reptile. But unfortunately, I don’t have many pictures of them on hand. There may be some packed away somewhere, but most are from a ways back, so I wouldn’t know where to start looking for them at the moment. :slight_smile: But the Wife did find some the other day, so I could post a couple of them here.

This was one of my Iguana’s ‘Goliath’. When he passed away, he was over 5’ in length, even having broken about 8" off the tip of his tail. (Had about 6 in total, along with a pair of Sail Fin Dragons. They were quite large when I got them as well)

Here’s my brother holding one of my many snakes. This one was ‘Sabbath’, the largest one I owned. who I gave to a friend some years later, since he did shows all over the US educating kids, etc. Sabbath was 13-1/2’ long when I donated him for this. (He was probably only about 4’ in this image)

(Little Miss Scare-All) #68

Awwww look how cute!! Thanks for sharing that.

Yeah theres just more options and research now that can keep our pets going longer and healthier. I try my best, because I also feel that if you take on the responsibility of a pet, you sign up also for taking the best care of it that youre able to do.

Love the iguana!! He was pretty big huh? I had one as a kid, Rufus, and his tail broke too, but only about an inch. Then that weird black hook grew in its place lol.

Unfortunately I didnt have him for very long and he died after a year. Poor little guy.

Sabbath! As in Black? If so, loves itttttt. :metal:

Yep, that would be the same. :slight_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #70

Awesome name. Chino is named after the lead singer of the Deftones, and my cat (recently passed) was named Soma after one of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins songs.