Keto Pets

(MooBoom) #1

We’ve got a thread for keto kids, keto families, keto crafts- I had a look and there doesn’t seem to be a keto pets thread where we can collectively show off the furry members of our families so I’m starting one!

Here are my four, Axel, Baxter, Ollie & Mimi (the boys are Tonkinese and Mimi is a Burmilla).

They are all very young, and Bax is our little miracle dude who overcame some seriously awful stuff to be here with us today (his story: https://youtu.be/tQc6Hl5p6Jg). The stress around his first few months with us epically de-railed my keto journey, but I grew so much as a person from the experience that I don’t regret it at all.

Anyway enough about my floofs, let’s see yours!!

(Karen) #2

Nenya, Lotr fans will get this

Teddy, obviously

This is my furbaby Zosyn Alexander Fuzzybutt ( yes he has 3 names)

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

This is my last ferret, Mrs. Pepper. She is a old widow but still has spunk!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Here are my boys (top row, left to right) Aidan and Chad, and (bottom row, left to right) Edmund and Giles. Unfortunately my sweet Cecila is camera-shy.

(MooBoom) #6

@PaulL I love rats! They make such wonderful pets. How old are each of yours?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

They are about a year and a half old. Aidan is a couple of months older, the other three are littermates. They are still as frisky as pups, and they love pouncing and play-fighting. The “victim” likes to yell his head off. I’d worry, except it’s clearly play-fighting, and they take turns being aggressor and victim. It’s hilarious to watch, actually! Boys! :grin::rat:

(MooBoom) #8

They sound like so much fun! I bet my four wouldn’t know what the heck to do with them if they met :joy:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

All of them together? We’d die of the cuteness! Fortunately, my boys have learned to use their powers of adorability for good . . . :rofl:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #10

Rats are cool. My daughter had one when she was ten. It somehow escaped all confinement. (Again, my daughter was ten.) We knew it was on the move when we found it on top of the dryer. We were bad pet owners. A snake ended up in a drawer - my husband got quite the shock. Rabbit in neighbor’s yard, etc.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #11

That cat ring is hilarious.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #12

We’d have a cat come in and help whenever a snake got out. Searching forever, and the cat walks right to the dog food bin, Cornelius right there underneath.

(MooBoom) #13

It’s a Cat-egory 4 cyclone :joy:

(Retta Stephenson) #14

There was a fun thread from awhile back you might enjoy… started out mainly dogs, but ended up being visited by kitties and ferrets. :cat2:

My girl Mini-Schnauzer, Joey, joined the fun:

(Jane) #15

I posted some of these on the dog thread but I never get tired of posting fur baby pics or seeing others. :smiley:

First and last pics - Fat Max - sweetest boy in the world (but a big chicken)

Second and third - Sammy (Samantha) - my glamour girl. Rabbit soft fur, gorgeous tail and she loves everybody. Any stranger who stops by she graces them with her presence and expects to be petted and fawned over.

Fourth and fifth - Leigh Leigh. My hunter. No mice, birds or lizards are safe when she is on the prowl. We haven’t seen any snakes in the past 2 years near the house either. Good girl.

image image image

(Daisy) #16

It’s so funny, I was just thinking about this. I didn’t want to post my pets in the dog post lol. I don’t have current pictures of them all, but here are some.
This is my baby (as seen in my profile pic)

This was my cat as a kitten (13 years ago lol), I don’t have a current one on my phone.

And here are 2 of my 4 rabbits

(Jessica) #17

This is Greta, 3 year old GSD. This is her preferred position for doing school.

(Joel Brewer) #18

(MooBoom) #19

What a great picture! They’re adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Doug) #20

Truth!

@Joel_Brewer - Joel, I bet you have some stories…