Keto Pets

(Joel Brewer) #21

They are my babies, and there is no lack of excitement when they are around.
They are (left to right): Blade, 2nd youngest, Shrek, youngest, Rumor 2nd oldest and my pride and joy Ella. Ella is Italian for beautiful and she knows it. :wink:

(Lauren) #22

Just a few of mine. I don’t have current pictures of Ripley (GSD) or Fiona (normal ball python). Here are Sheldon (grey cat), Tripps (black cat under Sheldon’s head), Ghostie (dragon with pumpkin), Fergus (ball python), and Zombie (fat dragon).

(MooBoom) #23

Wow you have an awesome and unusual pet family!

(MooBoom) #24

This time last year we were diving head first into health crisis number 2 with our wee baby Bax, just look at him now, one year on. What a difference a year makes!!!

(Lauren) #25

I’ll be adding a boa in the summer. So excited!

Gus & Olive. I’m actually trying to figure out if pets can actually do keto since my Olive is diabetic. I work for a vet but they are so cautious to speculate about different ideas

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #27

I love that you did a holiday photo shoot with your pets. I tried a Christmas one with my ferrets once because I saw some really cute ones on Google but mine weren’t cooperating at all! I think the ferrets they used were drugged or something. :rofl:

(Linda) #28

I used to call Butters my little teratoma because he was permanently attached to my chest and had hair and teeth. He’s grown up now and still wants to sit on my chest but he’s too big.

(Lauren) #29

I had ferrets years ago. I can’t imagine trying to take pictures of them!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #30

:rofl::grin::rofl:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #31

This is my nephew’s dog Sinatra. (He had blue eyes as a puppy and the original owners named him that. When my nephew got him, he was already used to the name.)

Anyway, I almost stole him last time I went home for a visit.

(Kristen Ann) #32

Ahhhh so cute. I’d steal him too.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #33

Most animals don’t get into ketosis all that easily, except when starving. But dogs often do better on a grain-free diet. I correspond with several people who find that raw meat is an excellent diet for their dogs.

(Lorraine Barbara Gill) #34

Our Obelix. He’s 2 and half but requires spinal surgery soon. :frowning:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #35

A while back I asked the same thing about a cat I was fostering, how to get him off the fillers in dry food. I bought him Blue Grain Free with Chicken dry food and fed him canned food daily. His coat turned to crap and he began excessively grooming so much he gave himself scabs. He also gained 5 lbs in a 2 months. The vet told me they are using something cats are having problems with in the grain free food…something, something causing heart disease per one study…he’s advising against it until they know more.

I didn’t do more research because he was going to his new forever home after treatment with some steroids for his skin inflammation. I just thought I’d share before everyone goes grain free with their pets or if they have and their fluffy is having issues.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #36

thank you for this. I’ve been thinking about getting a kitten, but the YouTube videos on feeding raw food are putting me off because of how complicated it is. So I was thinking canned cat food because is seems like a better compromise than dry food.

So now, as someone who grew up with TMP (Too Many Pets) and worked at a vet’s clinic as a teenager, I have absolutely no confidence in my ability to adiquately nurture a kitty.

(MooBoom) #37

I feed my cats a combination of balanced raw food (80% flesh, 10% bone, 5% liver, 5% organ/offal) + nutritionally complete commerical tinned food for breakfast and dinner every day.

They also get high quality commercial dry food (dental biscuits) as treats throughout the day.

We settled on this feeding pattern because it seems to cover all the bases without putting all our eggs in one basket. You don’t have to feed commercial or raw exclusively! Our cats are in brilliant condition too.

(Kyle) #38

Here’s Gryffyn, our Keto Labrador!!

A treat he likes!! Sliced lambs heart with a little beef rib fat!

(MooBoom) #39

Oh I love him! What a fantastic bunch of pictures, I especially love the last one. He’s so alert!

(Kyle) #40

Thanks so much. He’s great, still only 9 months old!
Your cats are adorable too! Such lovely posers!! :blush: