Keto Pecan Brittle

(Heather Meyer) #1

Keto Pecan Brittle… I have been trying for 3 ywars to get a Keto Brittle of any kind to work. The closest i came to it was using Vitafibre…however the carb count was pretty high and the end result was “stick to your teeth” instead of crunchy…
BUT!!!
I finally did it and i am here to share my success!!

You Need-

115 grams of unsalted butter
1 cup of pecan slices(rough chopped to peanut size)- If using whole…you need 3/4 cup whole pieces.
1/2 cup Allulose (this is a must!)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
12 drops liquid sweetner(allulose is only 70% sweetness)
Candy Thermometre
Parchment Paper or Silpat
8x8 pan or 13x9 jelly roll pan if using silpat

Melt butter in pot over stove on low till melted. Add liquid sweetner to melted butter. Add Allulose into pot and stir until disolved and cook on medium heat until it is boiling. Once it begins to boil…reduce heat and gently boil. Place a cabdy thermometre in your mixture and let mixture boil gently until it reaches just below 300 degrees F.

While mixture is boiling, take pecans and place them in a frying pan(with no oil) and gently toast till golden brown-roughly 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

Once your caramel mixture has turned golden brown and your candy thermometre has rezched 300F, remove from stove and add in vanilla(this will bubble viciously so stire quickly) Next…add in Baking Soda. The mixture will instantly look foamy. Stir baking soda in till not visible. Then add in chopped pecans and stir till coated. Pour mixture onto silpat or parchment lined-greased 8x8 pan. Sprinkle a pinch of himalayan pink salt over top.Let cool in fridge till hardened. Chop into 16 pcs and eat!

• Do not be alarmed if a little butter has separated and formed on the top…the most amount that separated was a tsp tops.

In the future i may drizzle chocolate over it…mmm

Stats(Based on my entry into Senza and ingridents used)

Makes 16 squares

90 calories
0.5 Net Carbs
1 gram Protein
8 grams Fat

** This recipe works because Allulose melts and caramalizes. Unfortunately in my experience, using Erithrytol or Swerve does not work due to the recrystalization once cooled. You end up with a grainy texture. It is crucial you use Allulose for this to work.

_

_

(Troy) #2

3 years😳
No such patience on my end
Would raise cortisol for me
Way Too “ brittle “ for that type of patience :rofl:

Any who
Looks tasty!:heart_eyes:
Wow
Thanks for sharing
And your persistent determination to come up w the recipe :smile:

(Heather Meyer) #3

Thanks… i must admit i was ready to quit on the idea. I had tried so many times to get it to work. Many recipes i have failed at, has taken months or in some cases like this one, years to figure out.
But it feels soooo good to succeed finally and with that kind of win… i always want to share with people my success… I want people to have as many options as i do for sweet treats!

Speaking of… off to go and attempt my 10th brownie recipe… trying to perfect a perfect chewy fudgy brownie recipe.

(Anne Brodie) #4

This looks wonderful! What purpose does the baking soda serve? I’m not familiar with that in traditional candy making and it seems allulose behaves similarly to sugar.

The baking soda helps form the little bubbles in the brittle so that it is not a dense solid block.

(Anne Brodie) #6

Makes perfect sense! Actually I always wondered why some brittle has the great texture and some is hard as a rock. Now I know!

(Bridgette N. Upton) #7

Thanks for all the work you put in, for little ole me to try my hand at candy making. I am new to this forum, but not new to low carb/ keto.

(Jane Reed) #8

Would like to try this one day but that would have to be the day when the price of allulose drops below $10.00 to $12.00 (U.S.) per pound, which is less than half a kilo.
Already it hurts my feelings to pay $6 or $7 per pound for erythritol-stevia blends.