Keto or low carb which is good for me?

(BuckRimfire) #41

At some level, yes.

I think of the behavior of fats vs. proteins in aqueous solution as very different, at the level of physical chemistry, but I don’t really know nearly enough to understand this situation. I only had one semester of P-chem, and it was P-chem for chemists, not P-chem for biologists, which is the class I wanted to take. Unfortunately U. of Colorado only offered P-chem for biologists on alternate years, and it wasn’t the year I was ready to take P-chem. So, the details were not terribly relevant to me (but I still managed to get a B!)

(Colacat ) #42

For the last 6 month since I knew I have A1C 5.7, I started to change my diet, the morning milk intake probably is the carb I consume the most. Beside that , I avoid eating starchy vegetable, I know many vegetable still contains certain amount of carbs, however with the fiber they contain, I don’t count carbs from my salad too much.

You were right, I am still on a slow transition of going from high carb diet to low carb or ketogenic diet, trying to understand how my body works. I still can’t do it with high fat , but I eat probably more than moderate protein since I workout everyday for an hour. I need protein to prevent muscle lost. What I experience from the diet I am currently on is that my swim performance drop a bit , I used to swim 2800 meters in an hour without tiring myself , I can do it with 2300-2500 meters now. I also find myself hard to fall asleep, I feel too hot to sleep even with the room temperature set to 18 Celcius, this condition has just slowly changed back to normal recently. I don’t know if this is caused by my diet, it might caused by the vaccine I took.

yea we have to adapt thru our eating changes, in that our performance if clocked as you are doing will degrade a tad as you detox off carbs more and your body muscles will have to burn ketones vs. using ready glucose and this is ALL adaption.

see there is no overnight success change. This into a very low carb eating plan or you strive for a ‘in ketosis’ eating Keto Plan or more is that time is a factor but commitment and stability in that change you choose is key.

if you can’t give it time eating on whatever life plan you choose kinda then you get 0 results that can go long term for your ‘adapting into a whole new you’

so you are kinda I know on that what do I do fence? It is a hard darn row to sow truly in that you don’t ‘need weight loss’ as a focus, you are wanting bs numbers to change but again, that is thru daily constant eating cause we all know…your few cheats or your social oblihgations to eat whatever will never give a steady down hill adaption full on body change you want.

AC change takes longer to become insulin correct vs. just a daily blood sugar reading in a way…so ANY food that goes in the gob on a daily basis is not going to help if it is a higher sugar item or a cheat day or alcohol party drink time or ?? in that it takes a massive commitment to heal the body thru hormones and more, so the overnight fix is not a que ever about AC and all…it it long term commitment to any health you desire, ya just gotta want it for yourself bad enough I think?

so ‘a bit’ in to change doesn’t work yet we all darn want it to work.

every single bit of food or drink you take daily is an absolute effect on blood sugar levels. So do we go all in and change or do we play the game of what ifs and never hit a goal of real change for healing to the body which takes LONG term commitment…I know I walked this path, it is a hard one to digest truly.

again wishing you big change if ya commit all in ya know :slight_smile: but we all walk the change the body for big health long term and we all have to find what suits us to do just that?? can be so diff. for each of us, you call you on it truly is the only answer in the bitter end of it all.

(Colacat ) #44

It didn’t work so well, lol, it creates some bubbles , but big one, not microform that I expected. they all float on top of the liquid. I just did it again this morning , trying to stretch longer , introducing with more air in , still couldn’t pull a simple latte art on it , lol~~ this is 24ml of heavy cream with 210ml of cold water.

I am not good at chemistry either, I used to make sponge cake in the past, in order to whip the egg whites to form , sugar is needed. I guess that I couldn’t steam the diluted whipping cream with water because of the lack of sugar (lactose in the milk). Tomorrow I am going to try to put some monk fruit and see if that helps :joy:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #45

Monk fruit is sweet, but it doesn’t perform like sugar in recipes where sugar is needed for structural reasons. Allulose might work better for such a purpose.

(BuckRimfire) #46

If you want to cut your lactose to about a 1/4th of what’s in your usual milk, you could use half-and-half and 1/2 the volume. More like a cappuccino than a latte.

I suppose half-and-half steams into a nice foam? I prefer coffee without milk, so I haven’t done this myself.

(KCKO, KCFO) #47

Yes, in fact, it foams better than regular milk. I used to get cuppaccinos in Australia, much better than regular ones. Another of the thousands of things I miss not living down there anymore. At least I am in another beautiful part of the world with mountains and wildlife.