Keto Naan

(Terri) #1

I made keto naan. So easy and good! I added some salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to recipe. And the last two pics is what happened when I smushed some Everything Bagel Seasoning into the naan dough before frying it in ghee. Ummm… redonkulus! (Left it on this side a little too long, but it was still fabulous! I also just may have started eating it before I thought to snap a pic).

Recipe is at: https://youtu.be/-CeqwdEo3JI. You can open the YouTube post to get recipe, not just the video.

Sorry, pics loaded out of order. Second and sixth are of the piece of naan I seasoned with Everything Bagel Seasoning.

Keto Naan bread
(David) #2

Love Headbangers Kitchen!

(John Cotter) #3

My wife made these yesterday as well and this is awesome! Very filling, planning on trying out making mini-pizzas with this later on in the week.

(Mike Glasbrener) #4

I tried to make this over the weekend and they fell apart. I’m thinking the “dough” might have been too wet? Maybe I’ll try again tonight with less water. Any tips you have would be helpful. The crumbs tasted good. However, it was hardly a peice of Naan flat bread…:disappointed:

(Terri) #5

Any luck on a second attempt? I would try using less water and then add it until good consistency.

(Clare) #6

These look good.
And they look like a good excuse to make a curry to go with them.
Not that you ever really need an ‘excuse’ as such to eat curry. :wink:

(Mike Glasbrener) #7

Much better. The first time was way too much water. Last night the dough was a bit more like play dough. So they came out better. They tasted awesome with pulled pork and a bit of molayonais. However, they stood up to being flipped on the skillet and removed. But handling by hand made them fall apart. So open faced sandwich it was. Yummm! More experimentation needed still… I wonder if an egg was added to the “batter” if it would hold together a tad better…

(Terri) #8

Curious how the mini pizzas turned out!

(John Cotter) #9

GREAT! It works perfectly for them, unfortunately have 2 mini-pizzas on the naan didn’t sit well with my stomach, I believe it was the psyllium husk. Some people have a reaction to it but if you gradually introduce it over time you can build up to it. I’m going to experiment with a smaller amount of naan bread this weekend.

(Hungry Julie) #10

Thoses naan bread are absolutely amazing but as it turns out I am extremely sensitive to the psyllium husk. Only once or twice a week I’m afraid but it’s perfect for a breakfast wrap

(John Cotter) #11

A friend was telling me you can build up to it. She recommended trying to have a tsp a day, or starting with 1/2 a piece each day for the first week. Then add a little more each week.

(Hungry Julie) #12

Thats good to know… Ill do a little experiment and let you know :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t have psyllium husk and tried to substitute flaxseed meal (a common and acceptable substitute in other recipes). Does not work for this one. :slight_smile: I’ll have to try again when I have the right ingredients.

What is the texture like? I have tried using coconut flour before and I always find it so dry and gritty.

The texture is pretty flatbread-like, and not dry or gritty. There’s still a fair bit of coconut flavor, though, but I’ve been adding a lot of garlic which covers the taste pretty well.

Thanks gatita. I don’t mind the coconut flavour that much, but don’t like the texture. I will give the recipe a try. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Definitely trying this! Where do you guys find that soft “paneer” cheese? I used to eat that kind of cheese daily in the Peace Corps but haven’t really seen it in the US, or maybe I don’t know what to look for.

If you can’t find paneer in an Indian grocery, Mexican queso fresco is very similar.