Keto Mayonaise Open Challenge

(PJ) #61

I had Bernaise in a restaurant once and couldn’t quit raving about it. An older friend of mine quipped, “I’d eat a Volkswagon if it was covered in Bernaise.” :smiley:

@Ruina – will you post your specific amounts? I’d love to try the butter mayo with some spices.

General comments
(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #62

I use one thing of butter… 200g? 220g?, a splash of vinegar or half a lemon’s juice a generous scoop of Dijon mustard and two small eggs. It’s a little different each time, so doesn’t seem to be fussy.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #63

After some experimentation, including avocado oil which I don’t like although the one I made with Great Value Aji Amarillo and Habanero Hot Sauce was much more to my liking than either Chosen or Primal avocado mayo, I’ve determined that I like best a mix of 125 gr Terra Delyssa EVOO and 150 gr Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil. This is not as firm as I like mayo to be, so I’ll likely decrease some of the adjunct ingredients to try to get it thicker. When I’ve got it just how I want it, I’ll post an updated recipe.