Keto Krafts/Art - show and chat right here! By JANIE

(Sophie) #22

Wish I had the patience to knit/crochet. I can do it, but weaving is so much faster to me. One stitch at a time made me nuts, but I appreciate those that enjoy it. :smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #23

Me too! My nana spent .3 seconds trying to teach me to knit. No go. The rest of my family all do amazing things with yarn.

(Jane) #24

I enjoy knitting on my long overseas flights and stuck in airports and have a lot of people come up to me and ask about my project. The people in China are particularly curious but they don’t speak English so lots of pointing and smiling. They will point to my project with a questioning look and I will point to my foot if a sock or wrap my arms around my self pantomiming a shawl. Lots of fun!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #25

Yeah, I would imagine it is a huge hit in China. And lots of time on public transport to make new friends.

(Shanda) #26

Some would argue that cooking IS a craft… certainly one that I have NOT mastered.

(Brandy) #27

A few of the gifts I made this holiday season. I’m teaching myself Tunisian Crochet right now, as it seems less intimidating to me to mimic knit than to learn to actually knit. :smirk:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #28

This reminded me of an open-house type art class demo for kids I did. I was told kids would be 6-10, but really the kids who came were as young as 3, with a few older kids on occasion. Totally different skill set! So I had to come up with some new projects on the fly. As we were painting, grandma is fairly stone faced. Then we started paper weaving. Grandma lit up! She even starter participating. She was pretty happy when they left.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #29

Love your color pallette!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #30

My childhood stocking, made by Mom, was always plain. This Christmas, while recovering from knee surgery, I finally gussied it up.

Love this forum!
My story is under “Class of 2017” on the forum.

Kcko

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #31

Nothing fancy but it’s great stress relief and has replaced my snacking during my coffee break.

(Virginia ) #32

This is one of the afghans I crocheted, it is called the Carousel CAL… pattern by Sue Pinner.
Total pieces crocheted was 49 and then I had to stitch them all together and do the trim. I also did one in a solid cream color, it looks really nice and I have one I’ve been needing to finish for sometime now that is white, light teal and dark teal.

After putting together

Then the trim to finish.

Sorry for the bad picture and angle on this last pic, thought my son and I were standing straight forward…lol

(Doug) #33

Ooh, I like this, Virginia. Rather cosmic.

(Virginia ) #34

Thanks Doug :slight_smile: It is one of my favorites.

(Shanda) #35

So pretty! This makes me want to learn how to crochet

(Virginia ) #36

This is just a few other things that I made that I have pictures of.
After making this little one for a small child, I ended up making a very large one for my cousin’s wife because she seen this one and went nuts over it.

Crosses I did.

Necklace I made.

My first crochet giraffe

(Virginia ) #37

Thank you :slight_smile: Give it a shot… you can look up videos online to teach you. You will really like it.:slight_smile

(Shanda) #38

Some earrings I made when we used to keep chickens. I’d clean and dye the feathers. I dont have pics of any of my more recent stuff. I usually craft during the holidays and that stuff is all put away now.

(Amanda) #39

Here are some of my favourite projects I have made in the last year or so.

(Virginia ) #40

Very nice. Pretty cool to be able to do your own feathers. I had to buy mine for my dream catchers I make :frowning: …lol

(Virginia ) #41

Very nice work. Quilting is on my list of things to do. I want to make one with pictures of our dogs and a keepsake memorial one with pictures of my love ones that have passed away.