Keto ice cream

(Central Florida Bob ) #21

Can we talk ice cream makers?

I’ve been getting the Rebel, but I’m kind of gagging on $6 for a pint. I like their cherry chip except for the chocolate chip part. :crazy_face: Seriously, I’d probably do better with plain vanilla, although @Ralene’s raspberry cheesecake sounds good!

So I’m thinking of trying some of the recipes that I see around here.

What’s a good ice cream maker? My perspective is I had one that was fully manual. You layered ice and salt in it and turned a crank by hand. That was 30 or 40 years ago and I have no idea what modern makers are like.

(Joey) #22

@mtncntrykid I know this is a vintage old post, but … WOW! What a great recipe. Many thanks for sharing.

We wound up with a few extra heavy cream cups in the fridge, so I was searching for a way to use them up quickly. Awesome recipe. Thanks again!

(Bruce Pick) #23

We like two store bought ice creams.
Rebel. It comes in medium-small round containers and is very tasty.
Breyers No Sugar Added.
Breyers Carb Smart. They use sorbitol which is a sugar alcohol - so the actual net carbs is a bit difficult to calculate.

(traci simpson) #24

Why have ice cream at all? Aren’t we trying to be healthier? KETO ice cream IMO is like having a veggie burger. For me, it still is ice cream. You still can over eat it or spike your insulin.

(Paulene ) #25

Because…

(traci simpson) #26

That’s true. I guess for me KETO junk food just makes me want real junk food.