Keto/Health podcasts

(Michelle) #6

I listen to everything from my iPhone, but you can also go to each person’s website to listen from your computer too.

(Bart) #7

I actually use Overcast app on the iphone. I like it, but that is not to say there are not waaay better players out there.

I like Primal Edge Health, though the podcast side is mostly just the Q&A part of their content usually.

(Ross Daniel) #9

I use PocketCasts for Android. It is a great player.

Also, I do not see Peter Defty’s podcast called “Food for Thought” listed yet. I listen to it on a regular basis: https://ofm.podbean.com/

(Crow T. Robot) #10

If you aren’t familiar with Vinnie, Ivor Cummins and Dr. Jeff Gerber had a chat with him not too long ago, which is a fun video. He totally looks like Jeff’s twin brother.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #11

It would be good to add these to the Podcast Wiki post

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #12

I use Podcast Addict on Android.

https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com

It has a great search function and found a of the podcasts mentioned earlier.

Yeah, I use Podcast Addict as well. It does seem to suffer from glitches, where the audio will jump around a bit (ie. it’ll start replaying from 30 seconds ago, or skip ahead 15 seconds etc)

The search does work well, and it has a LOT of features.

does he have a podcast? How did I not know this?

(jketoscribe) #15

I like Vinnie when he’s talking about low carb diet and exercise but he also does the “shock jock” thing-- a Howard Stern wannabe. At a certain point I got tired of the talk about his penis and his lust for women’s boobs and dropped him from my list.

(Crow T. Robot) #16

You’re right. He’s not a typical podcast in the sense of the others – just diet and exercise. He does go overboard sometimes on his shows with Anna Vocino. I think he’s trying to dial it back somewhat, but it still comes out from time to time. I always check out the show notes for those before listening because they often mention the subject matter and you can usually tell if it’s going to be a raunchy show that day.

(Ashley Haddock) #17

He does! There are only 9 episodes though. I just found it a couple weeks ago thanks to a friend.

Been there and subscribed on iTunes!

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #19

Um…not keto, or even LC, but there is also Chris Masterjohn.

A very thoughtful and thought-provoking gentleman.

He’s kind of revamped his website/blog/podcasts recently, and gone a bit more “commercial”, but there is still a ton of free, science-based information on there.

(I have a great respect for him, if for nothing else, because he was one of the first online writers to write extensively and sensibly about cholesterol (and this was way back). I did make the mistake initially, of thinking that this meant he was also low-carb, but he isn’t. Nevertheless, he has a lot of interesting things to say, and I don’t think he should be discounted or ignored).

(Crow T. Robot) #20

Yeah, I was under that impression for a while myself. He doesn’t get into the “carb wars”, though. He’s pretty quiet on the topic. I get the impression he’s somewhat Weston Price oriented and that gets him linked with low carb (though WAPF isn’t).

(MakinBacon) #21

2 Keto Dudes is obviously my favorite and what kick started me on my keto journey. Based on this thread, I binged on Fasting Talk, and now I’m about half way through Keto Talk. I seriously can’t get enough of these podcasts! I don’t have any to add to this thread, but if I find something not listed I’ll post it up.

(Kris Murdock) #22

I use Pocket Casts and like it very much.

I would add Found My Fitness by Dr. Rhonda Patrick. It isn’t keto specific but she has had some great interviews with keto experts like Peter Attia and Dominic D’Aogostino. If nothing else, I would download those episodes. March 12th and March 23rd of last year.

(David) #23

Can I put a huge recommendation for Latest in Paleo by Angelo Copolla. Angelo recently had a new baby and has taken a break from his podcast, but the back issues are well worth taking a journey through. Angelo achieved better health and significant weight loss through various ways of eating that will be familiar to all of us. Despite the name, this is not really a Paleo ™ podcast. His podcast covers health news and other issues. If anyone fancies listening I want to suggest that you start with early episodes and listen in order. That way you get to experience Angelo’s journey.

Edit: I think the break from occasional is permanent sadly. A great loss to the online health community, but it reminds me that the people who put in so much time and effort to create great content for us need thanking more and again. It also makes me more accepting of advertising in lchf podcasts.

Not sure about Angelo Copolla. He recommends cooking in non stick cookware so to reduce using fats in cooking. He recommends legumes and grains for daily consumption, including “healthy whole grain”. And 1 to 4 serving fruits daily. He says to eat meat only once per week, and eggs only twice per week. And zero dairy. I’d be fat and sick (and eating leathery dry food improperly cooked without sufficient fat) if I followed his advice.

His recommendations are anti-ketogenic.

(David) #25

Yes, he is, but I think he has come to that position through a personal journey (which includes lchf) , rather than thoughtlessly following received wisdom or dogma.

A Ketogenic diet is right for me right now (and may always be), but I think if I substitute ‘will always be’ for may always be, I am falling into a bad way of thinking by assuming that something that is true today will be true tomorrow.

People like Angelo challenge that thinking, and I believe they are worth listening to for that reason alone, and some other people on the forum might find the same thing.