Keto Friendly Coffee Creamer

(Natasha) #1

U.S. keto friends! Please help a British girl out…

I will be in the US thie summer and am looking for a keto friendly coffee creamer that doesn’t need to be kept refrigerated because we will be road tripping and I would love to just be able to carry something with me so I can always grab a coffee when I need one.

On this occasion, I’m not worried about how healthy it might be, only that it won’t kick me out of ketosis… so dodgy oils and ingredients are OK! Also, if it could be something readily available at a Walmart or somewhere similar, that would be great!

(Carl Keller) #2

Hi Natasha.

I think it’s a pretty slipperly slope trying to track down a non perishable creamer that isn’t highly processed, expensive and/or terrible tasting. I will say though, that nearly all places in the US that serve coffee also include complimentary cream or milk. The only time I think you might struggle to find a creamer is when you are drinking form a travel thermos.

I do hope you have an enjoyable trip over here. :smiley:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

I would just use the commonly available half and half tubs that are provided almost everywhere you’ll get coffee. A couple of carbs but better than fake crap! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Candii) #4

Those little cups of half and half don’t need to be refrigerated…they might work…depending on your macros.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Are you sure about not being refrigerated?

(Carl Keller) #6

It’s half milk and half cream. I certainly wouldn’t drink milk that was left unrefrigerated, even if someone told me I could. I’m not saying it WILL make you sick, but I don’t like to take chances with food spoilage. Food poisoning is worse than the stomach flu. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Candii) #7

Yup, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post a link but they sell them on amazon.
Land O Lakes Mini Moos or Carnation creamer singles. Both are shelf stable.

(Ethan) #8

MCT Oil powder.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9

@EZB Sorry Ethan, not creamer! I hate coconut oil in coffee. I can put a tablespoon in my mouth straight and enjoy it, but it ruins any sense of drinking coffee. I haven’t tried MCT oil or powder but can’t imagine them adding to the flavor of coffee, an important aspect of drinking it for me. :cowboy_hat_face:

(KetoQ) #10

If you’re road tripping and stopping for coffee, you can almost always get half and half. And you know, US of A is the home of Starbucks, and there seem to be more of them than Maccas.

(PSackmann) #11

Here are the ingredients for the Mini Moos: half & half, sodium citrate, datem, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, carrageenan. I haven’t searched any of the individual ingredients yet, but this will give you a starter.

(Natasha) #12

These suggestions are great, thank you all so much for your advice!

Are there any keto friendly snacks you can recommend I keep on hand? I’m thinking things like string cheese, unsalted almonds etc it’s hard to know what to buy when you’re not familiar with supermarkets/brands etc

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #13

I just went on a road trip and took vienna sausages, string cheese, pork cracklins (harder crunchier pork rinds) and for those who like it and can find a brand without sugar added, beef jerky.

(Judy Thompson) #14

I got MCT powder a couple weeks ago and tried it in coffee during this OMAD IF - and, nope. I ended up just using HWC one time a day. In your situation I’d rather use mini moo which I’ve taken to work and it’s stayed good for at least a week.
The powder does sort of color the coffee but doesn’t give any flavor or texture.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

@Q66 At Starbucks The will give you heavy cream if you ask. The barista have it behind the counter.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #16

Smart Foodservice, Walmart, and Costco all carry Land O Lakes Mini Moo’s individual creamers which are keto. Best deal will usually be at Smart Foodservice.

FYI, we also got a little somethin’ across the pond called Trader Joe’s. Chock full of keto goodies if you read labels carefully.

(Ethan) #17

Sorry, but mct oil powder tastes nothing like coconut or oil. It’s axtually creamy

This stuff is amazingly good:

Laird Superfood Creamer

(Allie) #19

MCT oil powder and a dash of unsweetened vanilla or cinnamon if you want flavour.

(Natasha) #20

Thank you again so much for all these suggestions, they are really helpful. So excited for our road trip, I’ve always wanted to do something like this… I’m so happy to be doing it 70lb down and with the energy of a 25 year old too! :grinning: