Keto for women - differences?

(JennyBelle ) #21

At this point in my life I just want to get rid of my excess body weight and live a healthy life. However my 6 and 7 year old boys keep asking for a baby sister. As far as womans reproductive “fat” at this point, I’m more concerned w/the Keto lifestyle helping me to be more fertile:) lol!!

(Becky Searls) #22

I am no scientist but I think probably, yes, you could stall at 1500 calls regardless of whether it was made up of the SAD or a LCHF/Keto WOE.

I’ve just recently realized that I needed a more drastic difference between my fasting days and my eating days to Unstall…and to mix t up all the time…almost like muscle confusion for the diet?

(Jessica) #23

I try to figure this out myself because I did’t loose weight since I’m keto (7 weeks). And all the healing and food sensitivity stuff may be true, but nonetheless I want to loose weight.

So, I’ve fastet for 3 days. Today I’ve started eating again and yeah… Hopefully some of that stays of.
IF did’t make me loose weight so far.

(Allison Johnson) #24

I know intake varies between person to person, but if i could ask how much protein are you eating? I’ve seen the recommendations for 1g for lean body mass, but is that maybe what works for you?

Thanks!

(Amanda Burton) #25

Not sure what my exact protein macros are, but I am eating 15-18g carbs per day. I tracked my fat macros at about 65-70% of my total calories any given day, which is how we realized I must be eating too much protein. Honestly, I am still struggling. I only seem to lose weight when I “fast” (eating only coconut oil in my coffee and grass fed but in broth). Wish I could be more helpful.

Amanda Burton

(Jennifer) #26

I started keto on 2/3 and am down 20+ pounds. I have probably 60 more to lose. I did my first 7 day fast the 15-20 of Feb. So, for the last two weeks, I have been doing a 3 days on and 4 days off food. I eat between 3pm and 7pm Friday -Sun and then water and tea fast Sunday night through Friday. I get my electrolytes in and take a couple Epson’s salts baths during the week. I will not fast the week of my cycle, but will stick to the same feeding hours. My cramps are bad and I need to eat to get ibuprofen down and just feel crappy. Eating more those days will probably help me feel better.
Besides the extra weight, I do not have any other medical conditions. I know I had elevated BG levels in Dec/Jan (sweet smelling urine) and that is what pushed me to look into keto. I’ve been in ketosis since 2/4 and have had no issues at all with the fasting. And honestly, I LOVE FASTING. I am a bit of a control freak and have no problem saying “NO”. Its managing food intake that is much harder to control. The limited feeding window helps as well, because I just can’t eat that much in such a short time. I struggle getting enough calories in.
As I get closer to my goal, I’m sure I will slow down on the fasting and it will be harder to lose. But the energy I have now is incredible and I have the need to exercise. That is an awesome feeling……

(Allison Johnson) #27

Thanks Jennifer! I’m just starting out with Keto, and I’m super curious about fasting. I’ve listened to the 2 KetoDudes podcast on Fasting, but I’m def interested in hearing from other women on their experiences. I was thinking it would throw my body into a panic if I started fasting too soon, really before I’m truly fat adapted and not just in ketosis. I’ve also heard become fully fat adapted for women can take up to 2 months or more.

(Kel Ta) #28

yes def add stress - cortisol can cause the belly fat to blossom- so yes, sleep as well!

(Phoenix) #29

I don’t know if any of you have come across this girl on YouTube before, but it’s been really fascinating following her Keto progress and seeing what she goes through on her journey.
She started 8 months ago on Keto, and her latest update shows she’s gone from 80kg down to 65kg, this is just under 2kg a month, and she looks like a completely different person!
This was really encouraging for me to see, as with most who started on the Keto journey, I anticipated to see a dramatic weight loss that you usually see our male counterpart post, I was hoping to lose around 5kg a month with what some of them are saying, but reality is quite a different matter, and can be disappointing at times.
So I wanted to share her videos on here for all the other females who may feel like they haven’t managed to lose much and feel discouraged, check out Kayla’s videos and hopefully it motivates you as much as it did for me :smile:

https://youtu.be/eZYvbvD344wPreformatted text

(Michelle) #30

The link you tried to post isn’t working.
I’m new to the forums so I’m not sure if you are able but I’d love the name of her channel.
I’m always looking for more youtube ketoers to watch.
Thank you so much!:hibiscus:

(Michelle) #31

I just wanted to a send out a HUGE thank you to everyone who’s posted in this thread.:two_hearts:
I’ve learned so much by the questions being asked as well as the replies.
I’m 47 & am only 6 weeks into keto so I’m still in the reading & researching everything that I can get my hands on stage. :wink:

(Dustin Cade) #32

as my lady and I are somewhere nearing our 7th month of Keto, one of the biggest pieces of Keto advice I can give is… Have patients… it takes a lot of time… My lady is down around 25lbs, has hit a stall point, she is trying all sorts of things to try and move past this stall… all i can say is it takes patients, understanding, and a willingness to research as much as I can to help her through this stall, shes been the same weight since mid January… I know we’ll figure it out, though it’s tough

(Dustin Cade) #33

she is very strict, keeps track her food every single day… I’m lazy keto af… i’m losing about a pound or so a week… this does not make her happy… so far I’ve survived

(Phoenix) #34

Hello Michelle, maybe try searching for her directly. Her YouTube is called
‘Kayla does Keto’. Hope this works. Enjoy!

(Michelle) #35

Ha! YES!! I already follow her & I agree, I love her too!
Thank you so much for getting back with me. :tulip:

(sue) #36

Here’s that link: https://youtu.be/eZYvbvD344w

Good find, love spending time on youtube but could never find keto related content that I really enjoyed. Will check her out!

(sue) #37

Can you elaborate on this point please? Any anecdotal experience?

(Melvina Lay) #38

I want to know more about keto.

(Nathanael Schulte) #39

Thanks for this post, my wife is in the same boat.

(carl) #40

Check out the show we did on this