Keto flu after 6 weeks... is it poss?

newbies

(Alexandria Keeble) #1

Been on keto for 6 weeks and felt pretty good. Recently ive been feeling sick and have tension headaches. I drink plenty of water, keto lemonade, electrolytes so im at a bit of a loss. Maybe I need a supplement? Any ideas any one?

(Carl Keller) #2

Hi Alexandria.

How much sodium are you getting a day? I find that if I don’t get around 2 teaspoons of sodium per day, I tend to get light headed. Generally, if we can get our sodium amounts right, the other electrolytes are easy to maintain through a balanced keto diet.

It’s also possible to oversupplement without realzing it and that could cause problems. For example, Lite Salt has 40% of the RDA iodine in just one 1/4 teaspoon and if we use 1 tsp of that, we are at 160% of the RDA.

(Alexandria Keeble) #3

Hey thanks for the response.

I have electrolytes which contain sodium but ill be honest, I forget to take it daily. That being said, i put salt on everything. The sick and tension headaches have subsided but its now turn in to bloating and discomfort (which isnt abnormal for me) its just not what I expected when eating as healthy as I am.