Keto Fat Bombs

Cheesecake YUM!
WOW, I can’t believe how sweet, yummy & creamy these are!
I like this small batch recipe cuz they can really go down easy! Too easy! Makes 6 to 8.
RECIPE…
4 TLB. Room temp Cream Cheese ( works cold too).
2 TLB. Almond Butter (I like crunchy w/ sea salt).
2TLB. Swerve ( granulated)
…now, use a mixer. Mix till creamy and totally blended.
…get a LITTLE SIDE PLATE…put about a TLB. of coconut powder, (not flour, not flakes).on the plate.

WET YER HANDS, ROLL THE MIX INTO SMALL BALLS, ROLL THE BALLS INTO THE COCONUT…VwaLa!
…u will hate me or thank me!
P.S. u can put Lilly’s Choc chips on the coconut powder plate too, and roll a coconut powder choc chip coating.
It’s odd, but these do not taste like almond butter.
I suppose u could use PB, or any nut butter, but PB will probably have a distinct flavor.
Great w coffee or tea!

(Denise) #22

LOL, and easy too :smiley::sweat_smile:

(Denise) #23

I’m trying a new one to me today, headed out soon to get a couple things I didn’t have in the cupboard. I’ll post the video, easiest way to give anyone interested the recipe. I haven’t made a Fat Bomb recipe yet, but need more fat to reach my goal of 70% of my diet in fats. I sort of knew this, common sense maybe, but fat bombs should be eaten after, directly after a regular meal, like a dessert, not a snack.

I sure don’t plan on snacking because my only fasting so far has been after dinner until breakfast (about 16 hours). Another reason I want to add more fat to my diet is I am getting hungry between meals and water isn’t helping much :wink:
Fat Bomb Recipe

(Bob M) #24

If adding more fat doesn’t work, try adding more protein. Switch to leaner meats, for instance. Or don’t add extra fat and instead eat more meat.

At one point, I ate a lot of fat bombs and a lot of fat. I stopped eating all of that, and rarely eat fat bombs anymore. Lost weight until I went on The Croissant Diet. Then gained a lot. Then went back on low fat and am losing again, almost back to pre-The Croissant Diet.

(Denise) #25

I want to hit my macros which for keto they are around 75% fats, 20% proteins and 5%. I listened to Dr. Berg today, or was it Dr. Berry, lol! Or maybe Thomas DeLaur! One of those guys :wink: and they said that if you are getting hungry then you need to change something up. Adding more fats seemed the general consensus, so I want to add some fat bombs to eat as dessert, and see if I start feeling good for several hours of fasting in between meals.

I’ve lost the weight I needed to, now it’s more about maintaining and build a bit of muscle. More importantly, I don’t feel that energetic some days, I’m 69 next month so yes, maybe just age, but I hate not trying anyway to feel as good as I can :wink: If I’m not getting the right nutrients, I need to address that too. I joined cronometer but that’s a monster to keep a food diary there I think. So I may go back to myfitnesspal :wink:

Thank you for your suggestions because if what I’m trying doesn’t work, I can try what worked for you :wink: Denise

(Mark ) #26

Yes, I wondered what artificial sweeteners did others peoples appetites and insulin levels. If I start eating sweet treats regardless of the calorie content, I start craving the real thing soon, and it often predates a fall. I put butter on steak because I prefer it that way.

(Denise) #28

I’ve been fortunate I guess, since eating a fat-bomb doesn’t get me craving real sugar vs the stevia powder I use. I think that’s because my brain (way of thinking) got changed when I discovered Keto, or the benefits of eating more fat, and dropping carbs way down to where I no longer worry about my T2 Diabetes. The same thing happened when I quit cigarettes cold-turkey in my 20s. I just disliked even smelling a cigarette. I do believe I am very fortunate to feel that way about things that are truly harmful to my body, I believe that personally.

But on the fat-bombs, I only eat them as a dessert when I do make them, which isn’t often (just to add that extra bit of fat if I don’t hit my marks on good fats percentage:) I do make them with a bit of my stevia, and I’ve been using that in my coffee for years now. I tasted some sugar, just to see how it tasted, just dipped my finger in some at my sisters and yuck!! It just did not taste good to me at all.

One thing I was conscious of when quitting carbs and sugar was that making a whole lot of “goodies” wasn’t a good idea for me in my getting my intermittent fasting into my daily regiment so like I mentioned, I eat the fat-bombs right after I’m done a meal, unless I’m too full :wink:

(Robin) #29

I changed your post to not include a link to the page online for the book. We try not to allow links to other sites with products, as it leads to spam or click bait. You’re all good now. No worries.

(Robin) #30

Whoa, just realized your post was from 3 years ago! LOL…. Talk about hyper vigilance! Sorry ‘bout that!

(Denise) #31

I wanted to add the pics I took of the little trays I found, and the recipe I shared the link to. I really like these but don’t make them often. They are very satisfying for me if I need a bit of a snack, and, to reach my fat intake goals, if I’m counting. I lost 23 lbs which put me at a healthy weight, 116 at 5’2" but I found I can have these without spiking blood glucose. I only eat one in a day, either after breakfast or dinner, whichever I may feel like a little something extra :slight_smile:
the trays are super easy and I just press on the rubbery little blue part to release the fat bombs:

link is in this post: Keto Fat Bombs

(Robin) #32

And they’re cute too!

(Denise) #33

they are! I also do my recipe a bit different as it gets to thick to easily put into the teeny tray-cups so I melt the coconut oil just enough so I can stir it in to the rest of the ingredients. Then if it is still too thick, I put the whole bowl of ingredients into micro for just I think 10 seconds. Anyone can just gage it buy when you can either spoon it into the trays, or like I do, from a glass measuring cup. Mine is like this pic (not that exact brand) :grin::

glass%20measuring%20cup

Oh fat bombs… I try to minimize my fat intake (especially added fat) since 11 years so they aren’t really for me but I still fondly remember my peanut+coconut oil ones (don’t remember, more peanut than coconut oil and very salted roasted peanuts were used, my fav. now I would use lard)… Peanuts are great but not always fatty enough for me.
But I suspect peanuts are the only not carby things (I know they are somewhat carby but I can handle way more in other stuff) my body dislikes so I use them in moderation and very occasionally. Carnivore was a huge help, I was a peanut addict.
But it makes tasty fat bombs. I had so many easy sweets that I never felt the need to make sweet fat bombs. Or maybe I can call the ice cream a fat bomb but I never put them into the tiny molds as it wouldn’t have made any sense. The peanut ones needed to be in tiny and I ate 15-16 at a time (as I had only as many). It’s food so I mean business…

If it’s sweet… Well I didn’t put it into in tiny molds or into the freezer but butter (ghee for travels) and walnut was nice for me. I typically had 2 ingredients fat bombs, why to overcomplicate things?

I have half death star molds. Not really, just half sphere with an indent in it but it’s half death star to me. It makes the cutest fat bombs, chocolate or jelly. Maybe one day I will show my peanut fat bombs, I just went back to carnivore after a too peanutty weekend so not now.

Oh I have a recipe that could be considered a fatbomb! Chocolate, almond, walnut (2-3:1:1 is a nice ratio), sweetener and a little rum. I make it for my sweet-tooth high-carber SO, it’s lovely (based on a retro Hungarian chocolate bar, one of the bests even nowadays) but I just don’t need it. I prefer my sweet desserts protein rich anyway.