Keto failure

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #1

So I did keto for 2 weeks and I’ve been a week off it but I feel like complete poop. I ate super bad. Bloating is bad I feel like I look 3 months pregnant. Not gonna lie I felt a lot better doing keto. But it’s hard sticking to it. was wondering if I completely stop and do meal prepping etc eating clean and healthy would I still be able to maintain a good weight or will I just keep gaining weight/water weight even if I work out more. ?
The reason for me trying keto was trying to maintain good health my family had a lot of health issues like diabetes… but really need help would it be best to keep trying keto or going back to meal prep?
If you guys think I would be fine with meal prep and the water weight would stop after a while please let me know ! I’m stressing over this whole thing.
Oh was also doing fasting with keto.

(TJ Borden) #2

Sometimes falling off the wagon and experiencing / being reminded of all the downsides of eating carbage is the best motivator to get back on the horse and keep going.

If you had only been trying a keto for a couple weeks, it’s possible you were still experiencing carbohydrate withdrawal. I also wouldn’t worry about trying to fast until you’re not only in ketosis, but also fat adapted, which usually takes several weeks. I knew I was ready to fast when I woke up one morning realizing I had forgotten to eat the previous day, and I still wasn’t hungry.

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #3

I was fine with fasting though bc of my work I hardly had time to eat throughout the day I would go in early and come out pretty late so it kinda helped me out a bit I just couldn’t resist food. Now I feel like Ima gain a lot of water weight and also fat through the process of getting back.

(TJ Borden) #4

What would you consider “clean and healthy” eating?

For most people, working out isn’t going to help much. In fact if you work out along with restricting calories, you will probably loose some weight in the short term, but your metabolism will adjust to what you’re taking in and soon the weight will start coming back.

I understand being too busy to eat, but fasting before you’re fat adapted can make carb withdrawal much worse. It’s important to eat fat to satiety in order to provide the fuel you need and to get your body used to burning fat for fuel. Especially for the first month or so, it’s really important to eat when you’re hungry, and to eat fat.

(Troy) #5

“Sometimes falling off the wagon and experiencing / being reminded of all the downsides of eating carbage is the best motivator to get back on the horse and keep going”

So true!

(matt ) #6

What part of keto are you having a hard time with? I don’t think you should be fasting after only 2 weeks. Focus on the basics and add fasting in once you are settled.

this just happened to me… I wouldn’t say I fell off the wagon, but I ate carbs… planned to as a cheat/treat due to husbands birthday… almost immediately got a headache, bloat, and a general yucky feeling… so not worth it… back to my bps this morning with some eggs and avocado… feeling some better already but know I won’t make the same mistake again… the carby foods I ate just didn’t taste that good to outweigh the consequences of eating them…

(Lonnie Hedley) #8

I tell people a few minutes of mouth pleasure is not better than feeling amazing every day. It might take some adjustments to get there, but once you’re adapted nothing beats feeling this good.

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #9

Clean eating veggies and good carbs I know you can do the same with keto but with a bit more carbs ? I honestly don’t even know if I’m being honest. My family thinks I’m crazy for doing keto they say I shouldn’t do it bc I’m always moody and you’re right about the if ,

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #10

I guess eating around people , I have a lot of outings you could say all people wanna do is eat eat eat , even worse they choose the worst foods
Knowing what to eat

Doing keto could save your life and make you live longer, stick to it even though it feels hard in the beginning. After a couple months, it becomes second nature and is extremely easy.

You should throw out or give away any sugar / carb filled foods in your house so you’re not tempted to cheat. Out of sight, out of mind.

Maybe don’t concentrate on what you cannot eat but rather what you can eat. Enjoy all of the fantastic food on keto, it’s a blast.

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #13

You’re right honestly. I’m going to try giving it another shot ! It’s just hard because I live with 3 other people so can’t really get rid of some foods .

(Ethan) #14

Soon you won’t care about those foods. You’ll be enjoying yours too much to want sugary treats that make your mouth hurt.

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #15

I will try !

(Gabriela Gonzalez) #16

You’re totally right ! That’s it Ima start it again ! And keep going even if it gets a bit tough !

(Kiranjeet Bhabra) #17

How are u feeling now after almost a year…r u still doin keto? I too.fell of the wagon but gona try keto once more

Listen you can do it, you just have to be willing to suffer a little. This kind of stuff isn’t easy but the rewards of it will pay off. Every time you think of caving just tell yourself it will get better with time. Remember everything new is difficult until the skill is mastered. Remember pain isn’t permanent and hard work works! You can
do it, stay connected and stay motivated when you feel like caving ! The people on the forums will help you push through! You can do it! I’m a noob too and I know its rough trust me!