Keto diet & stalled

(alan) #1

I have been on a Keto diet of my own making which includes 0-5 carbs per day. I am 70 years old and mildly active, (mostly walking everyday) I have several different situations. The positives are the following: As soon as I started the diet my gout went completely away. Second my blood sugar has been completely normal. Here are the problems: 1) I have no gallbladder, 2) I have put on weight (about 15+ lbs) over the last year (mostly in the tummy area) 3) My extremities both hands and feet get cold.In addition I had a stent put in 2012 with no further problems of any kind as I am always watching the thinness of my blood.
The cold problem is the worst because I have to watch the heating bill so I have to keep the place without a real heating system. (tried to use portable heaters but they only ruined electric wiring) The good news is that I am very healthy but even if I am not able to take off the weight I would like to be warm again. Never went into ketosis but it solved other problems. Thanks
ADDED: I take NO medications of any kind whatsoever.

(mole person) #2

It seems very unlikely that you are not in ketosis eating only 0-5 grams of carbs per day. A lot of people when they start don’t recognize all the sources of carbohydrates. Could you perhaps tell us what you eat and drink in a day? It would help us to help you better.

(alan) #3

I tried eating a ‘fat bomb’ last night and it actually warmed me up. Maybe I need to do that to get into ketosis. Because I have no gallbladder I take digestive supplements. As for my daily eating routine it is extremely boring. So as long I can keep my hands and feet warm I am not really concerned about the weight. That is for another day.