Keto Diet FAQ

(J.P. Wells) #1

Hey everyone!

I’m researching a new book I’m writing and would love to ask your help! I’m trying to collect as many questions you came across as a keto newbie. I’d love to hear all the different roadblocks you encountered and how you overcame them!

Thanks in advance!!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2

How much fat is too much fat?

Good luck on your book!!

(J.P. Wells) #3

OMG x-Dena-x!!! It’s so funny you brought this particular question up!!! I literally just finished writing an entire blog article dedicated to this one question and sent it off to one of the blogs I regularly write for. Its not even published yet, but if you would like I could give you the link when they get it published if this is still a question you deal with. Either way, thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #4

Do macros matter? That’s a question I had as a newbie.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5

Happy forum anniversary :partying_face:

(J.P. Wells) #6

Awesome idea beccs! Thank you so much!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7

Hey, I write, so Id love to read your writing. I dont struggle with the fat issue, but Im also not above reading someone’s point of view and Im always on the path of continued learning. :metal:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #8

Lol awww thanks, boss! :blush::rofl:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #9

Get back to work :wink: oh wait, I’m a cool boss :sunglasses::rofl:

I have a few. If you use my questions, could you send me a copy of your previous book “Keto Strong?”

What protein sources can I eat?
Can I have dairy?
What vegetables can I eat?
Do I need to intermittent fast or can I eat three meals a day?
Do I need to exercise to lose weight?
Where can I find keto recipes?
Are any YouTubers/social media good keto sources?
Can I still have Taco Tuesday?

(J.P. Wells) #11

I tell you what Tyler, follow me on Twitter or Facebook, and I’ll let you know next time I’m running a 100% free promotion on Keto Strong. I’d love your comments and feedback!

(J.P. Wells) #12

Hey x-Dena-x I might get in trouble for sharing this on here, but here is that post I told you about if you want to check it out. I’ve also got a link to my homepage at the end of the article if you’d like to check out more of my content! I’d love your feedback :slight_smile:

(Mark) #13

what to eat after gastroenteritis (noro virus- winter vomiting bug)- I was ill for 3 days. I felt like having carbs, porridge and honey, bananas, toast- but just didnt eat at all and then had chicken soup and that worked a treat, plus stayed off the soft dairy (milk cream etc) and used coconut milk etc instead.
I felt that my sense of smell changed, why was that? some of the meats I was eating started to smell a little too much like the animals they came from. Pork chops smelt like barn yards. Pork lard ended up in the bin. BUT some types of meat were fine, and coconut oil helped-, so my smell receptors changed.
why were my trousers still tight round the waist after 8 weeks? lots of reading blogs told me that the tummy is the first place fat goes on and the last place it comes off. I have got chicken legs now (who cares at 61) and my arms and face are much thinner, so I know keto is working, but I just have to be patient.
the scale didnt drop for months, i was so sad- but my body composition changed and I feel great, so that worth it. Lots of family members had late onset diabetes, that will never happen to me ( I trust) as I am in constant ketosis. i used a tape measure rather than weighing scales as they can be evil deceivers!!
these are the questions I asked myself. Mark from london uk.