Keto Complaint Department

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1640

Because I buy way less milk since I gave it up in tea, there is LOTS more room in the fridge for Pinot Grigio.

:wink:

#dirtyketo

(KCKO, KCFO) #1641

Oh such an awful keto problem to have.

(Michelle isaacson) #1642

I have several…
My arms greet people before and after i have finished waving.
My pants are too big and I had to spend more money…On BELTS because I spent to much on the two pair of pants.
My clothes are all too big
I don’t like sweets anymore!! (So sad :zipper_mouth_face:)

Others do not understand :thinking:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::heart::upside_down_face:

(Jane) #1643

^^^ This!

All my neighbors feel so sorry for me when we all get together for a dinner and I turn down dessert. They think I have this great willpower and am depriving myself. I really don’t want it! But they don’t believe me.

(Laura) #1644

I have the same experience. Friends and family think I am suffering from lack of sugar and wheat. They don’t understand that I simply don’t want it anymore.

(KCKO, KCFO) #1645

Yea, I hear you on that one. I have my keto treats and can say no to every other sweet anyone tries to entice me with, just can’t stand regular sugary stuff now. Heck I even cut back on keto sweeteners in most recipes because I just don’t need that sweet taste at all.

(Michelle isaacson) #1646

This is the best complaint ever! :slight_smile:

(Mame) #1647

yes, this. Most keto sweet recipes are too sweet for me. I hardly ever use my baking pans anymore …

Then I have to buy more 100% choc, 6 bars at a time!

(Susan) #1648

I think I am the only person on here that has never bought any chocolate (for myself) since starting Keto.

(Jane) #1649

My husband has bought some for himself and I occasionally have a nibble.

I never cared for chocolate all that much before keto. My husband finally learned not to buy me chocolate for valentine’s day in Feb even though it is traditional because the box still wouldn’t be empty when I threw it away in June :laughing:

(Mame) #1650

I have never liked chocolate until I had it dark and verging on unsweetened. Growing up I guess it was all milk chocolate and I never cared for it really.

Probably a lot cheaper to make your own low carb chocolates.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1652

Keto has ruined my taste for chocolate with sugar in it. The only chocolate I can eat anymore is unsweetened. That was my last excuse to eat sugar, damn you, keto! :fist_left:

(Marianne) #1653

Toots Sweet - a kindred spirit! Can’t give up my champagne!

(Marianne) #1654

I’ve seen a lot of people on here eat chocolate with a meal. I am afraid to try it because I might binge. And my skinny husband who is on keto and never had a “weight” problem is worse - total chocoholic.

(Susan) #1655

I am not judgemental at all of all the people on here that love it; if they enjoy it and can work it into their macros, that is great!

I haven’t even looked to buy any myself; as in my head I think maybe it is something I will try later on when I am in Maintenance, as I don’t want to have any thing until then that might be a cheat in my head is all! I know it works for many; personally, it would feel like I was cheating is all.

I was very addicted to candy before Keto (I have never cared about cakes, donuts, cookies, etc. they do not bother me to bake them at all). I still make the non Keto versions of these for the family and even when I was pre-Keto and baked, I rarely even tried any of the baking, so it is not a big deal to me at all.

(Marianne) #1656

I think you are wise to stay away from something that you think might be a trigger. Even on keto, there are acceptable foods that I just don’t want to keep in the house because of my triggers and food addiction - nuts, peanut butter, chocolate, fat bombs, keto pizza. Sometimes when I am stressed, I do find that I reach for keto foods. Difference is I can’t eat a lot of them because a few pieces satisfy me.

(traci simpson) #1658

80% and up chocolate is very bitter so I don’t bother buying it.

(traci simpson) #1659

I purchased M&M’s the other day and I can’t wrap my head around why. The only thing I can guess is that I must have felt like it was forbidden fruit and buying it would make me feel better or something. :woman_shrugging:t5::

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1660

I used to feel that way, too, but now I eat unsweetened chocolate and enjoy it quite a bit. It’s no longer too bitter to eat.