Keto Complaint Department

Warning, real complaint: I was too rushed to weigh day 1 of my fast and now I don’t have confirmation of how many pounds I lost while fasting. Best guess is at least 5 pounds

Why do I have to keep giving away clothes? How horrible that I get to shop in my own closet for “new” clothes! Yesterday I was forced to wear a brand new pair of slacks–bought about 2 years ago–that even still had the tags when I unearthed them!

(Mike Glasbrener) #102

I hate perusing Whole Foods salad/hot bar at lunch then going to the deli and ask them to “cut up some salami for my salad because I need some fat for my salad”.

(I actually love the facial reactions.when I say this)

(Mary Ann) #103

Yes, they must hate that!:slight_smile: Dogs hate bacon. Fact.

(Togipeidia) #104

Dobby the house elf stole my shoes and now there to big.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #105

When ketogenic and fasting, I completely forget about food, and have no hunger. I miss needing to eat every 2 hours as a glucose burner. And the high BG naps.

That was the life!

(Sheri Knauer) #106

Argh! My refrigerator is filling up with jars of delicious bacon nectar because I can’t use it up fast enough before generating more!

I miss having that insatiable desire to eat unlimited popcorn while never feeling full…

And it’s such a bummer not having to take Alleves every night for all my arthritic aches and pains. (This I know because I somehow got out of ketosis this week and ouch!! Joint pains are back all over…)

(Roxanne) #108

I was thinking about this just the other night - how I used to have a HUGE bowl of popcorn a few nights a week, and most of the time I no longer miss it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #109

Boil them up to make deviled eggs when you are not fasting, Great way to break a fast, they will keep for a couple of weeks if you boil them.

So jealous.

(eat more) #110

so annoying that i no longer use supplements and just threw out tons. now i have room for more coconut oil and gadgets
i did try a bone broth protein powder (no whey)…blekk…nooooooo thank you chocolate beef powder LOL

(Ari the Wolf) #111

So… The inconvenience of having all the extra energy to burn. I started working out after dropping 70lbs, and I’ve gained back five, but lost another inch off my waist. I’m shrinking away to nothing here, and I’ve gone from one workout a week to FIVE, and I’m still zipping around getting crap done even on my ‘rest’ days. Also, what gives with my muscles recovering after just one day off? Seriously? How am I supposed to justify watching tv now??? And how on earth am I supposed to afford replacing my clothing constantly? I’ve gone from a size 16 to a size 8 in just over a year, and every time I think I’ve managed to get a respectable wardrobe, I have to start buying new stuff all over again because everything gets too big.

Also, the tedium of boxing and dropping stuff off at Goodwill, and knowing I’ll never fit into my ‘favorite’ clothes again, so I have to give them away? Torture.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #112

I leg pressed the most ever. 360 in the free weight area first time ever trained there(I’ve been pressing 410 on the regular machine). On Friday. I could have done more but held off not wanting to overdo it (and the sore muscles crippling me for a few days after).

WHAT SORE MUSCLES??!! I HAVE NONE!

WTF??? It’s like I did not work! BUT I SWEAR I DID!
60 REPS ON THIS PUPPY
DON’T CALL ME A LIAR!
Plus 200 more reps on various other machines the same morning.
KETO IS SO DAMN EXCELLENT AT ELIMINATING INFLAMMATION I AM NOT SORE

HOW CAN I PROVE MY HEAVY LIFTS IF I AM NOT SORE? WTAF??

( those plates are 45 pounds each. Giddy )

(Michelle) #113

Totally. I hate not having my metabolism ‘revved up’ from not eating every 2 hours. What a complete drag.

(What The Fast?!) #114

I’m staying up later and wake up everyday without an alarm clock! Now I have no use for Siri!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #115

That’s is HORRIBLE

SIRI WILL MISS YOU

(Dustin Cade) #116

I’m upset that I can be fasting and still cook glorious food for my family that I want to eat… But I don’t eat it… I just put a brisket into the oven at 225°f that will be in for about 4 hours… Garlic and onions, salt and pepper… I’m having iced coffee with some heavy cream…

(Dustin Cade) #117

Oh… Now I’ve gotta buy new flip flops… My now not so fat feet don’t fit so good… But I’m cheap and don’t want to spend the 10 bucks on a new pair… So that’s a legit complaint haha

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #118

NO LEGIT COMPLAINTS

…Lol :wink:

I had to buy new shoes. OK, I wanted to buy new shoes (but since this is the complaint department, ignore that). My size 8 shoes were just not tight enough anymore. So 7 1/2’s it is. For now.

oops, I should have read down first! :blush: