Keto Complaint Department

(Diane) #1115

That is amazing!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1116

I feel your (non-)pain!! :frowning: :rofl::rofl:

(Dan) #1117

I know some of the changes we notice could be coincidental, but… When I was a kid I closed my thumb in a car door. Lost the nail and when it grew back I always had a U-shaped area in the middle that didn’t recover. Been that way for 50 years. 8 months on keto now. It has almost fully recovered. Coincidence?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1118

Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo! :alien:

(Dan) #1119

Lol! Also lost a bunch of skin tags, but turns out that skin tags are known to be associated with insulin resistance. Still waiting for hair to start regrowing!

I did not know that about skin tags and insulin resistance. I have had some removed by my dermatologist, but I have others that I hope will go away on their own. Also hope that my hair starts growing back!

(KCKO, KCFO) #1121

I also have some decades old scars that have gotten so faint now I can barely find them now.

I am not a skin tag forest anymore either, I think I mentioned that. But I do have one that used to be a deep pink color that has gone white and gotten smaller too.

(Raj Seth) #1122

What!?!? And lose my solar sex panel??? Nooooooo

(Dan) #1123

Yeah, if you look you can find many papers and discussions of the connection between skin tags and insulin. Funny, my dermatologist never mentioned that to me when I asked about skin tags. It will be ob the agenda at my next visit!

Funny how NO Dr. ever talks about all the side effects of insulin/IR/T2. :roll_eyes:

Some people look good bald; the rest of us, not so much! :wink:

(Dan) #1126

I once heard that God gave all men the same amount of testosterone. If some choose to use it growing hair, I guess that’s their choice! :wink:

(back and doublin' down) #1127

fascinating! Going to keep an eye on the one that drives me the craziest ~ would love to think it’s going to disappear!

Darn keto, my nails are so healthy I’m having to cut them with a nail clipper instead of trying to file down another split. No more money to overlays in order to be ok with my hands (which also are starting to seem smaller)

(Julia Brindle) #1128

where do you get WHITE asparagus? wow

(Mary Jo Koplos) #1129

I grew a big skin tag during my “year of eating stupidly”. 7 months strict keto and fasting and it is shrinking.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1130

It’s likely Keto yes, but I blame autophagy and regular fasting in your case!

(KCKO, KCFO) #1131

I am going to continue combining all three, Keto, autophagy and fasting for the synergistic magic. :+1:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1132

But . . . if your skin tag goes away, how will we know it’s you? :rofl:

(Mary Jo Koplos) #1133

Guess you will have to get my dental records or go by my tattoo.

(Raj Seth) #1134

Interesting location?