Keto Complaint Department

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #974

And that’s another thing, keto! I have to keep reading these posts about completely weird combinations of food that sound utterly delicious! When are you going to let me get hungry, so I can try these things, huh?

(Donna) #975

Hi @EyesWideOpen - I’m in Canada. At my local store I can get Perrier in lemon, lime, pink grapefruit (my favourite!), orange. I understand they also have strawberry flavour but I haven’t found any yet to try. As far as San Pellegrino - I don’t know if they have flavours - all we get here I the plain ones, but I like them alot.

If it helps, sometimes I use San Pellegrino as the water in my keto-ade or add a splash of ACV to the water.

(Diane) #976

Sounds like a good idea!

Wife has flu for a week. I caught it, had symptoms. Thought I was going to be able to miss work, but was over it in 18 hours. Dammit!

(Jane ) #978

My husband always says Lacroix tastes like a mixture of urine and battery acid. Try to get THAT out of your head!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #979

Dave, you poor thing! What a shame you didn’t get sick! :grinning:

Ask him a question for me – how is he in a position to make that judgement? :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #981

I was wondering that too. I have no idea what either taste like.

(Ashley) #982

Complaint #1: Actually getting tired of people asking me “have you lost weight” at first it was flattering and now it’s a chore. Complaint #2: People asking me how I did it, I tell them. And their response is, “oh good for you, but I could never do that, and it’s so unhealthy.” I just want to eat my bacon.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #983

I miss 24/7 food obsessing, and overeating too. It was such a glorious life, feeling simultaneously guilty and ashamed.
Now I feel good, energized, and confidant about my food choices and meals.

Damn you keto.

Also, when I buy foods it’s a struggle to eat them while still fresh, because things are used so slowly. I’ve actually…
Thrown. Food. Away.

THE HORROR

My latest pet peeve is articles or messages on groups calling keto “starvation mode”.

I am far from “suffering or death caused by hunger”.

I used to suffer from hunger before keto, nearly no matter how much I ate. When I was in “plumping mode”.

(Jeanne Wagner) #985

I know right? When I do come down with ‘something’ it lasts a heck of a lot shorter than it used to!

(Jeanne Wagner) #986

Thanks @donnahealth101! I’ll be looking to try out these other brands as well. Just to see. I took me months to get used to the Lacroix, but now it’s kinda normal. <gasp!> I’m guessing the other brands will taste similar to some extent.

(Aimee Moisa) #987

A dyed in the wool ketoer I talked to yesterday called it that too. Surprised me. :confused:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #988

They say that because Keto is a process that tricks the body into believing it’s in a starvation process. It wouldn’t be burning its own fat stores if not.

(Shayne) #989

My daughter calls San Pellegrino the least disgusting of the sparkling waters… in case that helps.

(Aimee Moisa) #990

OMG Keto! I feel like taking a walk on my lunch break! What the ever-loving EFF have you done to me?!?!?

Ketosis is not starvation. Starvation would occur after the fat stores are gone. Proteins can be an issue as well.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #992

starvation is a process, not simply an end result. It’s a long term deprivation of nutrients.

And I didn’t say Keto was starvation. I said it tricks the body into thinking it’s starving to tap fat stores. Perhaps mimic would be a better term.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #993

I have a legitimate Keto complaint.

I can’t keep my bacon stocked. My son keeps eating it.

Everytime I decide to do the bacon experiment, I come home to prepare my evening bacon meal only to find my son ate it all once again.

Seriously… he went through 2 packages in 2 days. And he’s not doing Keto.