Keto Complaint Department

(Ashley) #954

Ah I can only hope being only 3 months in im not giving bad advice!

(Roxanne) #955

Time to try new crops! Raspberries, cabbage, rutabaga, greens…

(Roxanne) #956

I’m actually baking more now than I did before I started keto. Before keto, I wouldn’t bake because I knew I’d just eat the whole damn batch of cookies or loaf of bread. Now I make a keto lemon bundt cake that I can enjoy a slice of and easily walk away. Same for keto cheesecake, keto shortbread, and cheddar biscuits, one is enough!

(Karen) #957

Haven’t baked anything. How has it been affecting your loss. Would really like something bready today. Sigh.

(Roxanne) #958

My weights been stable for about a year now, not currently trying to lose more -not that I don’t have more to lose, but at the moment I’m happy to maintain.

(KCKO, KCFO) #959

I do almond buns, some keto biscuits, and a keto cheesecake for the holiday season. So I do bake some. I just have always loved rustic Euro style crusty sourdough breads. They are the only thing I really miss with this WOE. I am not sugary snack lover, so I never did much of that kind of baking, usually for guests, but I did like a nice slice of cheesecake during holidays, so I am good.

Oh and my Keto complaint of the day is I no longer have to yell at my scale in the mornings, darned Keto.

(Jeanne Wagner) #960

I have gotten used to all the Lacroix flavors, but my preference is orange. However I still think that stuff tastes like acid water. Some people tell me that carbonated water is no different than regular water. I just look at them like they suddenly sprouted a 2nd head, because it clearly tastes vastly different. It tastes like acid water with a very faint whif of the flavor it says it is! BUT I drink it anyway, and somehow I’ve developed a bit of a palette for the stuff. I am now looking at myself as if I had just sprouted a 2nd head!!! LOL

(Donna) #961

I’m not a big fan of Lacroix. However, I do love San Pellegrino and the Perrier flavours. For some reason, the flavourings they use in Lacroix don’t taste as good to me.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #962

I drink Seltzer water and as far as I can tell, it has no acid taste at all. If I can find some Lacroix I’m going to buy some, because you all have me intrigued.

Discussion NOT about losing weight
(Beth) #963

Sounds familiar! I always got busted by my husband. He’d see the milkshake cup in the garbage and say, “bad day today”? My go to stress food was a whopper and a milkshake. I feel slightly ill when I think about that now.

(Beth) #964

I’m not much of a baker myself. If you really miss bread and you’re willing to pay a bit, the bread from Fox Hill Kitchens is great. I just order a bunch at once and keep it in the freezer. Since I’m not having cravings all the time, it lasts a long time. It is an excellent vehicle for butter, LOTS and LOTS of butter!

(TJ Borden) #965

Butter cures all. I’m with you. I still have a few buns and bagels in the freezer. On their own they really aren’t very good, but toasted and smothered in butter and/or cream cheese and they are DELICIOUS

(Aimee Moisa) #966

I wonder what DOESN’T taste delicious smothered in butter and cream cheese. :slight_smile:

(Jeanne Wagner) #967

It could be a taste bud issue Paul… or maybe I describe it differently than it really is? I don’t know. All I know is that there is a very strong ‘bite’ to it. I interpret that as ‘acidy.’

And @donnahealth101 maybe I’ll try other flavors as well. I hadn’t seen any other brand with flavors in my local stores other than Lacroix. What flavors do you see offered from San Pellegrino and Perrier? I only ever see the plain versions in my store, and I definitely won’t drink that!

(Marta Loftfield) #968

@bej10 Thx, had not heard of Fox Hill before. Just placed an order.

(Shayne) #969

I haven’t seen San Pell with flavors, but have seen the store brand knock off with lemon and lime flavors - which I did not care for personally. I’ve seen Perrier with flavors, but haven’t even tried their plain yet. I also see that Deer Park is coming out with their own unsweetened sparkling water in bottles. I think I tried one flavor, but don’t remember what I thought of it.

Our local stores have La Croix knockoffs in all sorts of flavors as well - and quite a bit less expensive to boot. I like the berry flavors and orange is just OK in my book.

(Jeanne Wagner) #970

haha orange is my favorite Lacroix flavor. We are all so different in preferences. :slight_smile:

(Diane) #971

The San Pellegrino flavors I’ve seen have more in common with sodas, not sugar free. I’ve seen the Perrier flavored water at Target. I think I’ll get some once I’m done with this fast.

(karen) #972

Strange, isn’t it? I had a bite of my Mom’s lox and cream cheese on a bagel - I was smearing mine on cucumber slices. I thought it would be my special treat bite, and instead I felt more like “bleh, why would I want this gummy sweet-ish mass of chewy goo under my nice salmon?” - there are better vehicles than bread!

Or to put it in keto complaint language: yet more empty space in my freezer to fill with meaty goodness and Kerrygold, damn it Keto!

I had some Jalapeno cream cheese on some celery sticks yesterday (I don’t like peanut butter), and it was really good. Maybe I’ll wrap a slice of corn beef around it. :slight_smile: