Keto Complaint Department

(Jeanne Wagner) #934

Goodwill I can do… just got knee high leather boots for $10 for a cosplay outfit. Blew me away.

My salad had more cheese and bacon than greens. Sigh.

(Shayne) #936

Nuttin wrong with that!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #937

I assume that’s a sigh of contentment? It sure sounds heavenly to me! :bacon: :green_salad: :bacon:

(KCKO, KCFO) #938

Yeah, I am a really cheap drunk these days.

I do a lot of wine spitzers now using Le Croix sparkling waters, lemon goes well with the whites and lime is good with the reds I have tried as well. 1 shot glass of wine, fill the rest of the glass with the sparkling water. You blend in well at parties and don’t get questions about why aren’t you drinking.

I tried a couple cans from the local grocery store this week. Yuck. I gave the rest of the two cases away.

(KCKO, KCFO) #940

Lemon, lime and coconut are the only ones I like. The coconut will not mix will with wine, but sometimes I just need a different flavor after fasting over 24 hrs. I can’t drink coffee all day long yaknow?

(Shayne) #941

Sparkling water is an acquired taste

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #942

My legitimate complaint is people with a month or less of KETO EXPERIENCE getting on here claiming they are an expert and giving bullshit advice. Guess I just need a break.

(Sophie) #943

Agreed! And I’m so thankful that I was able to ween my non-keto husband off his diet coke products with the flavored wassa (he’s German). It’s made a huge difference and he really likes the sparkling water.

I tried sparkling water for the first time several months ago. La Croix was the fourth brand I’ve tried, because it was on sale last week, and hated it. I got an 8-pack of the mango and an 8-pack of the mixed berry. For other brands, I usually get some version of cherry, raspberry, or a blackberry flavor. I didn’t even finish that first can of mango-flavored, opting to pour it down the drain.

Back to those other brands, I guess. I have had a monthly order for one on Amazon’s “Subscribe and Save” plan.

(TJ Borden) #945

Pre keto I HATED stuff like la croix because I thought I didn’t have enough flavor. Once I started keto it became a staple. Now I’m not liking it agin because it’s TOO SWEET. Now I drink Pellegrino sparkling mineral water, and even it tastes a little sweet. ITS JUST WATER.

What has keto done to me??? How douchey do I sound???

(Shayne) #946

I LOVE San Pellegrino! Six months ago I would have thought that it was gross.

My daughter calls it the least disgusting of the sparkling waters.

(Karen) #947

Yessss, so sweet now!

K

(Alec) #948

I have spent the last 10 years perfecting my ability to grow potatoes. I am now really good at it…

Oh, bugger, well that’s a waste of 10 years, isn’t it! Thank you so much keto! :cry:

(Raj Seth) #949

ahem; ahem; With his wife a hottie like you - he is nuts!
:joy:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #950

I have more friends on this forum than I do in real life, what is this fu*kery? At least my Keto friends tell me the truth!

(Kirk) #951

My new part time job as a limo driver has me often doing middle of the night airport runs on short notice, about 250 km return average. In recent years, middle of the night fire calls (my other unpaid occupation) were becoming more difficult to recover from as I entered my 60s. Since going keto, I have lots of energy, alertness, and much higher tolerance to disrupted sleep patterns. I feel great all the time, and a few hours of nap time after a middle of the night run is all it takes to reset.

(KCKO, KCFO) #952

I feel your pain, just when I had finally mastered sourdough and perfect flavor and texture of the loaves, I found out I had to stop eating grain based breads. I wasted more than 10 yrs. I’ve played with breads my whole adult life. Darned Keto.

(TJ Borden) #953

And the people said; AMEN