Keto Complaint Department

(Aimee Moisa) #914

Sorry but as a BA in English Lit I have to say OMG LOL

(Terence Dean) #915

Here’s one: “Hey waiter take this back there’s not enough fat on my pork chops and there’s no butter on the vegetables!” :steakcake:

(Alec) #916

I order a side of butter as a matter of course in restaurants now. The good professional places do not bat an eyelid and provide a healthy serving in a dish free of charge. The poor cheapskate places provide a small pre-packaged pat of butter, and often charge for it. You can guess which places I go back to!
Cheers
Alec

(Terence Dean) #917

Haha that’s a great idea, I wonder whether they’d let me trade in the free bread rolls for more butter!!

(Alec) #918

They should, but some places don’t quite get the idea of customer service. I have been cheeky a couple of times and asked for the same volume of butter than there was for the bread I refused, but they thought I was joking! I wasn’t! :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

(Candy Lind) #919

That’s saying something, since I’ve never seen anyone working at my Costco who wasn’t cheerful! :sunglasses:

(Candy Lind) #920

Sell ‘em and buy bacon with the proceeds? :blush:

(Candy Lind) #921

We usually take butter with us unless we are sure they have real butter. We take avocado oil & ACV or homemade dressing, too. No more margarine or soybean oil for us!

(KCKO, KCFO) #922

I have noticed that annoyance as well.
And now I care much too much about my shoes, since I can see them again. Darned keto/fasting!!!

(Sophie) #923

:rofl::laughing::rofl: It’s a dammed expensive habit!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #924

Fresh figs are my very favorite food. There’s no reason why you can’t eat one in a day. When they’re in season I buy them and then eat one a day until they’re gone. They usually come in a package of 6 to 12.

(karen) #925

I am looking forward to my fig-a-day! But that still leaves about 1500 figs to dispatch. :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #926

I feel your pain! :rofl::laughing::rofl:

(Donna) #927

I’m on vacation and can’t take a nap - too much energy. Have to resort to walking out in the sun instead. Damn, Keto!

(Jacqui ) #928

You are SO right about the tartar on the teeth going. Man, we could put a lot of dentists out of business!

(Jeanne Wagner) #929

Needed to hear that! I’m on a stall too, but I think I’ve gotten complacent and need to shake things up a bit. I’m working on this now… too much dairy…a tich too much fat, and definitely too much dry red wine lately.

Has anyone else noticed a higher tolerance to alcohol after going keto? I never really drank, but tried the red wine just out of curiosity. I used to hate it becuase it was not sweet and was just dry… I liked my drinks tasting really sweet and not drying my mouth out. Anyway, now it does taste just a little bit sweet, and I love it!! In fact, I love it too much!! lol And I found I can have 3 glasses and not get drunk! Oops. I had gotten really tipsy once after having 3 glasses, then within a week of that (and no I didn’t drink every day), I don’t get that tipsy anymore. So I’m cutting way back now. I was just curious what other people have found out about their alcohol tolerance?

(Jeanne Wagner) #930

People tell me I look like a walking laundry pile, and it’s time to get clothes that fit me better. I’m gonna go broke. Maybe this stall I’m on is a blessing is disguise… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #931

There’s always Good Will and the Dollar Store! :bacon:

(Shayne) #932

I’m LESS tolerant of alcohol now. If I have one drink while I’m out, I have to nurse that sucker so I can drive home.

(Jeanne Wagner) #933

Well heck, that is how I thought I’d be. I have lost 30 lbs. I figured I’d be less tolerant… it’s weird.