Keto Complaint Department

(Alec) #874

Sure, no dramas: Mrs Borden, please leave your excellent husband alone to enjoy his Sunday the way it should be enjoyed!

(TJ Borden) #875

Well you were definitely more articulate than I was, but it didn’t work. She said something along the lines of if I want a chance in hell of enjoying Sunday night, I better finish painting the office… if that means what I think it does, I better put my phone away finish painting.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #876

Gentlemen, you are confused. My husband is also painting on a Sunday. When else will he have time🤣

(Alec) #877

Is there something wrong with her hands? Allergic to paint? :joy::crazy_face:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #878

I don’t trust my husband to paint. He’s not detailed oriented if you know what I mean. Early on in our marriage he painted up to a switch plate cover rather than remove it. That and he didnt edge and thus hit the ceiling with the roller a dozen times per wall, so I had to go back and touch up.

After that if I want a room painted, I do it myself.
I’m pretty good at it if I do say so myself.

One time when he was on a boys trip, I busted out a wall while he was gone. He’s used to coming home now with a major reno project in full swing.

(karen) #879

Learned helplessness (or maybe that should be “hopelessness”) when it comes to domesticity, the bane of wives worldwide. :smiling_imp:

(TJ Borden) #880

No, just the pitfalls of being an ex-finish carpenter. She sucks at it, and I’m really good, I just hate it.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #881

True, but he helps out with laundry, so I can’t be too upset. It isn’t that he won’t do it, it’s that he doesn’t think it looks bad when it’s done sloppy. I’m a perfectionist, so he says.

I also love doing home improvement projects myself. I have my very own tools and saws and everything. I even show people the wall I took down and patched and you can’t tell where the seam is. I’ve tiled my own floors, reno’d my whole kitchen, layed laminate flooring, and cut and put up molding all by myself.

(karen) #882

:kissing_heart: Me too, I was a house flipper for a while. It’s been in my blood since I was little. (Although I must admit my idea of finish carpentry is a prayer and a bucket of spackle, I’d probably be better off sculpting a molding than cutting one.) I’m not a runner but a month into keto, I can see my construction muscles again.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #883

Omg. Didn’t say he was painting perfectly but he’s painting. So glad to know that there is more than one painted switch plate in the world🤣

You probably heard the one about the farmer who goes to the big city for the first time. Lady walks up says it’s your lucky night, I’ll do anything you want for fifty dollars as long as you can describe it in 3 words or less. Farmer says OK. Paint my barn.

(bryan vandyke) #885

Your asthma inhaler expires because you haven’t used it for so long.

Having to buy underwear for the second time because your wife bought the same brand size as your teenage son. And it’s too much of a PIA figuring out who is who’s when doing laundry.

When a dozen eggs used to last for two weeks. And in the store discussing with the wife if the two 18 cartons will be enough.

Having to buy the “chef” size olive oil because the normal size doesn’t last long enough.

(Sophie) #886

My new favorite toy…The Pressure Washer! I finally got hubba to show me how to work the thing yesterday. This morning I pressure washed a concrete table and bench inherited from previous home owners, and the Entire Patio! And it was filthy. I don’t think it’s ever been done and this house was built in the 70’s. I swear it’s incredibly satisfying to blast away all those years of crud and ick. Stupid keto, I’d have never done this back in the day. :roll_eyes: Now, I’m planning to do the front walkway and driveway.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #887

I want one. And a chain saw too. Sooo many things I want to take care of around the yard.

(TJ Borden) #888

Well if you’re ever in the Pacific Northwest and have your pressure washer with you, let me know. You could have all sorts of fun with my back patio.

I finished work half an hour early yesterday purely and simply so I could leap into action and drain, clean, refil and tweak the hot tub.

I mean WTF?!?!?!?

That is The Thing I Dislike The Most. Hassle. Aggro. Only gets done because I hate the idea of sitting in skin soup. So yes, I probably do it more often than strictly necessary, but I still resent having to do it.

And there I was, skipping about like a cross between Julie Andrews and Snow White.

I am still in befuddled shock.

Oh, and the hot tub is now sparkly, 38 degrees, and asking for my company…

(Alec) #890

Steady, girl, that is serious shit… be careful if you get one of those… I am serious!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #891

I know, but I’ve got some serious brush to clear and some small limbs on several trees that need to come off.
Maybe I should just break out my DH’s sawzall instead?

(Alec) #892

If you do buy one, I would strongly recommend getting some expert tuition before you use it. These things can be literally deadly if you don’t know what you’re doing. Please take care.
Cheers
A

(Karen) #893

Hot tubs are like taking care of an aging aunty. Tweek this, tweek that, mess with chemicals, wash and clean, and adjust temp. Covers on covers off. Ugh.

K