Keto Complaint Department

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #651

Love this. You are a clever one. I could at one time relate to this as well.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #652

I made “The Best Keto Bread” last night for the first time.
Only could eat one roll before feeling full.
DAMMIT I WANT TO EAT MORE

I did eventually eat two more over the course of two hours, but felt like a stuffed turkey.
I CANNOT OVEREAT ON KETO!!!
Here are the evil rolls.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #653

(Sophie) #654

Yeah, I recommend these all the time. Even my non-keto hubby loves them. They make nice little sandwiches too since they hold up so well.

(Madge Boldt) #655

Yes! I think when I’m burning my body fat it is 90% car snacks that I ate pre-keto.

(Candy Lind) #656

Yeah, I’m not happy. Too much cameraderie and great information and uplifting stories and NSVs and great food on here. I keep running out of :heart: love!

My bottle of ibuprofen is going to expire before it gets put to use!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #658

I walk into the supermarket now filled with Easter bunnies and chocolate eggs and just think to myself “uuughhh…” and get that horrible unstoppable shudder… :joy::joy:

And my freezer is overflowing with beautiful fatty cheap meat cuts… when am I supposed to eat them with all the fasting???

Agree, my complaint is who the heck buys all this CANDY that has taken over all local stores (yes, I know who). Visually disturbing sugar pushing! Makes me wanna go get all the packaged bacon and place it in front of all the candy rows!

(Jay AM) #660

Eating while driving is a nightmare. I feel like a barbarian eating a buttered steak going down the road with my hands like a carber would eat a sandwich. Since most of my meals are consumed while driving, I’ve gotten inventive with burgers used as bread. A terrible way to live. FYI, the butter had smoked paprika added. Red fingers worth it.

(Candy Lind) #661

Oh wouldn’t THAT endear you to the staff! :rofl: It reminds me of the jokes about going to [insert discount store here] and setting all the alarm clocks 5 minutes apart. :smiling_imp:

I just can’t be stuffed getting angry anymore. I used to enjoy a good rant.
Also my relaxed brain really isn’t bothered by the mess in the house. I wish I could get one of those cleaning/ tidying spells so many people are reporting.

(Liz ) #663

I have no idea what size I am in any of the new clothing brands I can now fit into! Catalog shopping is a crapshoot lol

I love the optimism and joy in this community.
In the form of a complaint: “All this optimism and joy is so annoying!”

(Michele) #665

Keto has made my tongue sensitive to the sugar content in chocolate. 85% Lindt (1.1g of sugar per 10g square) vs 90% Lindt (0.65g of sugar per 10g square). I compared one to the other proclaiming 85% was twice as sweet as 90% (before knowing the sugar content)! Another useless skill to add to my CV!

(Rob) #666

Stock in Cadbury’s is going down since this is the first year since I’ve had pocket money that I haven’t bought dozens of Creme Eggs across the (absurdly long) Easter egg season.

Sorry Cadbury’s… :flushed:

I did branch out into those Russell Stover half eggs and liked a few of the flavors (soooo artificial, of course) so they are probably seeing a dip in sales too, this year.

(Liz) #667

I need to complain about all the extra time I now have, cooking keto is easier, quicker…in fact food planning and shopping are quicker too…all the extra time to spend doing all the stuff I never got round too and now have no excuse for…all keto’s fault!

(Liz ) #668

Yes, I’ve had time to mend things, this is absurd!

(Arlene) #669

I haven’t been tempted by a cadbury cream egg since they changed their recipe. Do you remember when they had runny centers that looked like an egg yolk? Isn’t it great how the food industry players ruin their products, trying to up their profit margins by tweaking their recipes, and then they put large “NEW AND IMPROVED” words on some of these items, hoping consumers will be dumb enough to believe the product has been made better? Sure makes it easier for this former carb eater to avoid this junk!

(Garry (Canada)) #670

I’m hording more nuts than a squirrel…and my kitchen has more types of oil than my garage.
Don’t get me started about vinegars!!! :face_with_head_bandage: