Keto Complaint Department

(mary6aros) #610

I did that!!!:joy:

(mary6aros) #611

I know! I just learned to make “good” hot cocoa homemade, then I had to go all Keto and now… :unamused:Gotta get used to sweetener.

(Arlene) #612

We still get our hot cocoa. I just make it different now. (Big mug, 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 C cream, a little stevia, add boiling water to fill the mug.) It’s simple and yummy.

(mary6aros) #613

Thanks, I will try it, so far sweetener has been a turn off for me.

I dislike most sweeteners (and some of them give me insomnia and the jitters), but it is worth sampling them til you find one that works. For me, that is erythritol and xylitol. Of those I only use erythritol, because xylitol is very poisonous to dogs.

You’ve hit the nail on the butt of something that I’ve experienced but didn’t know WHY it was happening! Yes, it’s KETO! (even in my early days)!!

:joy::rofl::joy:

i know this is an old thread, but I was thinking there must be something wrong with me if my tummy isn’t working as often. So okay, that’s good news then. Super.

(Melanie Armistead) #618

My arms feel heavy because they now hang down instead of being supported by my hips

(Candy Lind) #620

More Kerrygold!

(Jeannie Oliver) #621

The trick to adapting to sweeteners is to use very little. One of the reasons I like liquid stevia is that it’s easy to add ONE DROP to a cup of tea.

Very nice!

Finally, the complaint department. Gotta say you folks all sound like a bunch of Keto whiners. I showed up this morning for some comfort and pity so I don’t wake up my carby family at 4 AM because I need to work on a Keto recipe involving cream cheese and butter… BUT NO, there is no pity there is no comfort. No one told me to eat a cookie and go back to sleep. What am I supposed to do now? Read more? More work? Walk another 5 miles? Figure out how to get my fav. jacket to fit again? Where are the f’ing magic answers!!! You’re right, Keto is such a drag, I might need to fast today in protest of Keto. Cripes, what will it take…I LOVE THIS THREAD!!

(Pete A) #624

I’m complaining because no clothes “make me look fat”!

Dammit I want to eat something but I’m still freakin’ full.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #626

I love it–keto cannibals! :grin: :bacon:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #627

I have a huge drawn-out whiny complaint.
Over the last week I was at the Low Carb Breckenridge conference in Breckenridge Colorado.
Complaint #1.I made so many new friends I can’t keep track of them all. That’s my first complaint.

My other complaint is that ten of us rented a beautiful Chalet together (a HUGE beautiful house) in Breckenridge and every night we hosted people for dinner. Me and Carl and Richard and 7 others cook their favorite recipes and invited people over including speakers. The part I’m going to complain about is this: we were so full all the time we couldn’t really eat much of anything we cooked. The dinners were so satiating we could only eat a small amount of any dinner we cooked, and the food was so good we wanted to eat more. One night we had shrimp noodles poached in butter, sous vide salmon and salmon frittata, another night we had bacon-wrapped deep-fried lamb chops and cauliflower poached in butter, another night we had a spiced pork butt and German red cabbage, another night we had ribeyes and cheddar bay biscuits, and another night we served Indian food. We had saag paneer, butter chicken and naan bread.
I wanted to eat so much more of it but every night I ended up having a small serving of each item and I was full!
I’d like to lodge a formal complaint.

I WANTED TO EAT MORE BUT WAS TOO SATIATED!!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #628

I hate when that happens! My sister and niece are eating all the bacon, because I’m not hungry at breakfast anymore. Help! :bacon:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #629

Wow…there are pictures of you without your middle finger sticking up…:joy:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #630

That’s cool Rusty. Check your inbox.
Lol