Keto Complaint Department

(Trish) #584

Cyclists wear padded shorts though LOL. And then there are those awesome glutes. My hunnie did a Pacific to Atlantic ride a few years back.

(Lauren) #585

I have an actual complaint:

My mother in law (who I don’t talk to) is now considering keto. Damn the husband for telling her about it. I told if he directs her here, I will gut him. (not really but maybe). I can not handle the passive-aggressive competition she’ll try to start.

Keto has given the husband a case of the blabber-mouths! :tired_face:

(Tara) #586

Same here! My youngest won’t sleep through the night either. You gotta have lots of energy to keep up with 4 kids. I just bought the Fat Head Kids book by Tom Naughton on amazon…my kids have no idea how lucky they are that I’m reducing their carbs. They have no idea how much work it takes to not buy them soda, candy, chips, cookies, pop tarts, blah blah…

(Sophie) #587

Tell him to point her towards YouTube! There’s enough there to keep her busy for awhile.

(mary6aros) #588

“…my kids have no idea how lucky they are that I’m reducing their carbs.”
Exactly what I was thinking! We’ve been having these back and forths about how we can’t get Little Debbie, can’t have bread, blah blah. I told them it’s about moderation, that Mom and Dad are overweight, therefore we don’t partake, but for them, only some, and then every now and then, not everyday!

(Jeannie Oliver) #591

Ha ha! Enjoying this very entertaining thread.

Keto results are turning into a real PITA.

I have had to turn a bunch of veggies into soup because I bought too much at the store and then couldn’t eat it all.

I find myself forced to go unpack the skirts that I packed before Christmas to give to Goodwill. Thank goodness I’m enough of a procrastinator that they never quite made it out the door.

And the worst–I had to say “no thanks” to two of the cutest little Girl Scouts who came to my house pulling a red wagon filled with boxes of cookies. I thought I was going to weep.

(Rob) #592

There’s a complaint, possible murder charge! :open_mouth:

(Jeanette Villanueva) #593

Ditto. Seems to be a theme :grin::rofl:

(Trish) #595

This is very interesting and it makes we wonder if as they grow up and start making their own food choices, encounter peer situations, etc., if they will continue to make the healthier choices. Also, I’d be curious to see what happens if down the road they were to eat whatever stuff they are not accustomed to if they would actually have an aversion to it either from a palate perspective or from a digestive reaction as in the body sort of considering it a foreign substance. Something like that sickly sweet birthday cake icing on commercial cakes.

(Lauren) #596

No thank you. No reuniting in anything! I (and the kids) have no contact with her by choice.

(mary6aros) #598

:scream::heart_eyes:You’re my homeschooling hero.:nerd_face: I hope my kids will be that interested in learning and knowledge soon.

(Sophie) #600

Dear Keto,
You knew I was never truly a real mayo lover when we began our relationship, but since I’ve adopted you, I’ve become a blatant, unappoligetic spoon licker. I’ve even recently begun venturing into the darkest realm of homemade mayo making.
Thank you for your sweetist corruption.
Ever your loving servant,
Sophie~

(Jo) #601

I spend so much time now talking about weightloss… friends and family are constantly asking me what I’ve been doing… Spreading the gospel and paying it forward.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #602

Ditto, I apparently snored like a stevedore and rattled windows. Good to know I’m not in danger of being smothered in my sleep any longer!

(Michele) #603

When you break off two segments of 90% chocolate and can only be bothered to eat one!

(Tara) #604

Grandma took the kids out for the afternoon and brought them back with cookies. Only 1 cookie was eaten. They really weren’t interested. My 8 year old gets bad stomach aches if she has a lot of sugar and she is completely done for the day, laying on the couch, whining.

Well, thank you Keto!
You have gone and wrecked milk chocolate for me! Ruined!!!
Used to appreciate different milk chocolate, like fine wine.
Galaxy, Dairy Milk, easter eggs, buttons…

Now they all taste like overly sweet, tasteless grease.

Mind you, it has taught me to develop an appreciation for darker stuff

(Justin Cain Hoffman ) #606

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: love y’all!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

:sun_with_face: … when you have to make lovely home-made lemon and coconut body scrub just to use up the old bag of sugar from before Keto…

:sunflower: …and then your friends are so happy because there was enough to give away little pots as spontaneous gifts…

:heart_decoration: …Keto WOE just makes life so infuriatingly … PLEASANT!!!

(Clare) #609

On my last check up, my dentist complained that I’m over brushing my teeth.
Since I’m not brushing them anymore than I used to be so I think I must just have less plaque on my teeth!
I haven’t needed a single thing done to them since I started keto and now apparently normal brushing is wearing them out! What will I do with all the spare money I don’t spend at the dentist?