Keto Complaint Department

(Michele) #562

Keto means spending more money on a pair of walking/hiking boots. In a fasted state I walked 2 hours up an access track to a communication tower last weekend. The track is 15-20° pretty much all the way. Left my husband sitting on a log about a third of the way up. Took over an hour back down and found hubby just over half way down.

(Michele) #563

Have unused face creams on my dresser because my skin seems to be soft and needing less additional stuff!

(mary6aros) #564

Lol, my 8yo ALWAYS eats all the carrots, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes in the fridge WITHIN two days after being purchased. Sometimes not even that long,:joy:Sometimes the 5yo helps.
Oh forget to mention, try to buy citrus or berries, and all the kiddos devour every bit within hours. You’d think they’ve been severely deprived.
Better that than Little Debbie!!

(Trish) #565

I can’t torture hunnie anymore by keeping him up with my obnoxiously loud snoring.
Actually, my own snoring used to wake me up at times so it must have been pretty bad. :blush:

(Sophie) #566

That’s a cryin shame! :laughing:

(Candy Lind) #567

@Brenda can you relate how the conversation went with this? What you said when you went in and such? And were these indie butchers or at a grocery/supermarket? I know so little about meat, cuts, fat percentage, etc. that I’m floundering on where to start.

(Jenn Monaghan) #568

My cat hardly sits on my lap anymore because it’s much less squishy and comfortable for him. Thanks keto.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #569

YouTube has a treasure trove of videos on butchering from cows to pigs to venison and most other animals!

(Mary) #570

He does look a bit alarmed at the change in his comfort level…

I really hate that no one walks on eggshells around me anymore. I really miss that

Starting keto made me discover that I can get really delicious and nice sized steaks for only $3-$5 each if I stalk the butcher section of my local food store every week… Perfectly good and nice steaks, but have to sell quickly for health regulation reasons once they are at their finish line datewise, which means perfectly wonderful and rich steaks for like $4 on average.

And as if that wasn’t enough, by the end of month 1, that whole “euphoria” thing started kicking in, plus I was more physiologically relaxed without the issue of blood sugar crashes, so now I’m even making friends with the food store staff while stalking their meat display.

My entire personal identity of being the shaky, anxious and irritable recluse, just down the drain. Thanks a lot, keto.

(Rob) #573

As I’ve lost weight the (worthless) man nipples have gone from innie to outie and now chafe… or is it just cold in here? :open_mouth:

(Candy Lind) #574

(Rob) #576

I had to buy a new computer chair as the wooden one I had was getting painful to sit on without the extra “padding” in my arse!

(Trish) #577

IKR! I was at an event last weekend and the chairs were those wooden stackable ones and an hour in man oh man was my butt sore.

:::Said in a stoner accent:::

So, like, when you stand up, but your pants, like, DON’T, and, like, the only thing you can think of is how you’re, like, you know, GLAD that you’re not out at, like, a GROCERY STORE or something…'cause then, like, everyone can see your, you know, DRAWERS and you could get arrested.

I HATE when that happens! Keto suxxx, man!

:sunglasses:

(Trish) #580

Totally true, Ted, that is, like, THE worst! :stuck_out_tongue:

:::stoner voice:::

Whoa!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #582

Tell them you’d like to buy UNTRIMMED ribeyes. Point out that since a lot more of the weight will be fat that would have otherwise been thrown out, could they give you a break on the price?.

(Candy Lind) #583

I guess someone skinny will chime in and tell us it’s like riding a bike; you have to work up a “butt callus.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl: