Keto Complaint Department

(Togipeidia) #462

I have become a clean freak as my mom would call it because when it’s to cold outside (Canada) I use my excess energy to scrub my entire house.

(Sophie) #463

You are welcome to come over at any time! :smile:

(Andrew Anderson) #464

I never wore coats in winter. Had to be a -1 or below wind chill before I broke out a flannel. It was 21 degrees Fahrenheit in Indianapolis… Never felt this cold in my adult life. Keto has robbed me of a 50lb winter coat this year.

(Tim) #465

Hard to tell but this could be interpreted as an actual complaint :wink:

I do know what you mean though as I definitely feel like I have to dress warmer this winter than last.

24 hours fasted and aiming for 72, ketones off the hook and I can’t sit still at my desk , I need to go for a run or something! damn you ketones :star_struck:

(Consensus is Politics) #467

I’m noticing that as well. I seldom ever wore my coats. It had to be raining or windy before I would get cold. Could be ice out there and i’d be out in a T-shirt, perfectly comfy. I always figured it had to do with my permanent fur coat. [Think Tom Selleck]

(Jenn Monaghan) #468

I had to buy a standing desk for work because I have too much energy to sit all day. And the company wouldn’t buy it for me because I was too healthy!

(Doug) #469

:smirk: Jennifer, so if you were too unhealthy to use it, they’d have bought it for you?

(Jenn Monaghan) #470

That’s about it! You have to have a documented back problem to get one here! I think everyone should have one.

(Ellen) #471

Utterly ridiculous!

(Shayne) #472

Thankfully, where I work, anyone who wants one can have one after they undergo an ergonomic assessment to ensure that their workstation is set up correctly for them.

I started it all back in 2010 when I had my whole desk raised to standing height. They recently made me put it back down and use the sit stand desk as a matter of safety - they didn’t want me climbing a step stool to get into my chair when I wanted to sit down.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #473

My cousin’s husband has a desk with a motorized height control. He can raise it with the push of a button when he wants to stand, and lower it when he wants to sit. If I remember correctly, it wasn’t all that expensive, either.

(KCKO, KCFO) #474

What a lovely work space. Even if you had to buy it. Enjoy and continue to be the picture of health to those around you.

(Rob) #475

I’ve got to buy more new Jeans. :frowning:

All the 34" waist ones I had just fall off me now and the 32" ones (which I’ve had for years because I saved them for when I’d lost the weight, although secretly believed my low fat diet was never going to get me there) are getting so loose that I have builders bum unless I tighten my belt onto one of the freshly made holes. I’m considering a length of rope as a belt so that I don’t have to get my drill out every time I lose another inch! As soon as that drill comes out I feel compelled to put shelves up too!

I’m only half way to goal weight too, so I’ll be frequenting the clothes shops more often soon, and for a guy, it’s not exactly something we enjoy.

So, thanks a lot Keto!

(Bella Tricks) #476

My boyf is losing so quickly on keto/IF, I am having to take in his clothes EVERY WEEK. He loses about an inch from somewhere every week! Its like he takes off a thick wetsuit each week. 37kg down.
What am I, his personal seamtress? :joy::joy:

(Consensus is Politics) #477

I used to sit around, watch tv, ride the lawn tractor about once a month for exercise. I was always short with the kiddos. If they opened the fridge door to grab something I was already yelling at them not to stand there with it open. I couldn’t do much around the house, get winded with one trip up and down the stairs.

Now I’ve been on the tractor three times in a week. Volunteer to go shopping, offering to take a kid or two, swapped master bedrooms around from one end of the house to the other, and actually said, “what? No. I can paint the ceiling.”

Thanks Keto.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #478

So I’m a single guy and seems like every woman that I go out with wants to know about KETO but they all end up trying to tell me that Its going to kill me. Maybe I need to start a KETO dating service for singles.

I had the same issue with my new job, Ive had standing desks for the past 10 years and my current company was too cheap to spend money on standing units, and since I do have back issues my Dr wrote me a note, total game changer!!

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #480

I just realised that when I used to be gifted jeans that were a bit tight, I’d think “Oh crap!..it won’t be too long before they’ll be too tight…”, but now I think “Oh yay! These’ll be real nice to wear in a month or two…and probably too loose in six months or so!”

I kinda miss farting too.