Keto Complaint Department

(Carolus Holman) #442

From the digging in the old-clothes department - Just grabbed a pair of shorts, size 38. Haven’t seen these in a few years! Shrinkage!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #443

I just bought new pants, four inches smaller than the pants that used to be too tight but that now fall off my butt. Now the new pants are starting to fall off, too! Now what?

(KCKO, KCFO) #444

Must be a common problem, same over here. It is annoying isn’t it. This never happened on other eating plans, damned keto.

(Rob) #445

I know this is old but I’m just skimming this thread now.

I use Paprika as a recipe manager. Just point its internal browser at the web page and magically it ignores the ton of anecdote and just gets the good stuff and puts it in the right place (ingredients, directions, servings, time, nutrition even, plus a photo). It has revolutionized getting recipes off websites for me.
It’s available for Mac, PC, IOS, and is well supported. It’s not cheap for an app ($20 on iPad, more on PC) but it is great.

(Liz ) #446

I am inept at shopping meat sales but I can justify the $18 I just spent on short ribs by fasting for 3 days!

(Roxanne) #447

I use CopyMeThat, base app is free and all I’ve needed so far. Love it!

(Consensus is Politics) #448

I got real lucky about a year ago. I was putting on weight, not the lucky part, and needed a new belt. I found one that has TWO prongs and the length of the belt has double prong holes all the way from one end to the other.

Now, what to do with the extra couple of feet hanging to my left. I guess I could stick it in my pocket. Sounds like part of a bad of a joke. “…and I said no, thats the end of my belt!” [badum ta tsssh]

(Mike Glasbrener) #449

Is that keto or old age? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Consensus is Politics) #450

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Mike Glasbrener) #451

Brenda will know I’m joking I’m 10-15 years older than her. And she keeps getting younger with keto, dropping weight and lifting weight.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #452

@Mglasbrener @Robert_Johnson

That’s cool. And it’s not all about looks, but I think health radiates. It’s called the keto glow. Just last week my 29 year old daughter and I were hanging out and she sent out a snap chat selfie of the two of us. Several of her friends commented back that I look 20!

I can coast on that compliment forever. Lol

(Dr. Emily Franklin ) #453

How long did it take for the libido-enhancement to kick in for you? Cuz I’ve been Keto for several months and that has not happened for me. Yet… Still hoping!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #454

Within the first 6 months, but I was 51 at the time so hormonally I think we are very different…

Be sure and make fat the main part of your diet and it will happen…

It was so awful that my whole family kept telling me how good I look after not seeing them for 6 months!

(Consensus is Politics) #456

More importantly did you tell them how? I say more importantly only because no one really knows about this, or think its just another fad diet. ITs important to let anyone who is interested know. Especially if they have Type 2 Diabetes. My neighbors are getting an earful. But hey, they asked! Even my Mom, who really needs to do it. she is in her mid 70’s now, and riding on a power chair. She can walk short distances, like from her bed to the chair :roll_eyes: but because of her weight combined with a deformity left over from childhood Polio, she doesnt like walking to begin with. But if she were to lose about 100lbs, she would feel so much better. She tries, she tells me she only had about 200 grams of carbs all day. And I keep telling her, no, no, no, not 200, TWENTY!

(Patrick) #457

The crust-less quiche, and blue cheese dressing I make keeps disappearing from the fridge. The are my wife’s new favorites.

I tell anyone who will listen. They usually look at me like i’m nuts because they can’t imagine living without bread and pasta. My dad is glad i’m doing it and he loves my results but he is so fixed in the notion that salt and fat are bad for him because of his gout, congestive heart failure, gallbladder removal, etc… it’s been hard to try to get him to try it in earnest even though i have shown him some science. I need to keep reading and learning so i can try to present more hard evidence that it could help him.

HAHA 200 carbs. Not so funny though…when my doctor told me i was pre-diabetic she said i need to lose weight and, in order to do so, i should stay under 130 carbs a day. OY!

:rofl::rofl:

(Momo) #460

This girl decided to clean the whole place and host 20 for thanksgiving…I had energy for days!!!. but I had the pie… and stuffing and…
Keto flu sucks.
Back to my healthy life, carb binge never to return!! This is awful!!!

(Carol O'Carroll) #461

Hahahaa, yep.