Keto Complaint Department

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #422

My dad just offered me some cake. I had to say no thanks because I’m just not hungry. Damn you, keto!

(Darlene Horsley) #423

I gave up muffins and now my damn muffin top is gone! Damn KETO…

It’s beyond annoying that I seem to be doing this weird new thing where I stop eating before all food in front of me has been consumed. So many leftovers crowding the fridge. OY!

(Roxanne) #425

My winter coat is no longer warm because it’s too darn big, so I have to go shopping AGAIN!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #426

I just put a new hole in my belt last week, and now it looks as though I need another one. I’m not sure I can take this!

(Doug) #427

Roxanne, just wrap it around you twice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Randy) #428

Friends and co-workers are telling me I need some new clothes because everything looks so baggy.

I hate when that happens.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #429

You guys are incredibly awesome. You know what I find really annoying? When I can’t remember if I’ve eaten yet today, because I’m just not hungry. That’s a miracle. I mean if you know my story that is incredibly amazing that I have to sit and try to remember when the last time I ate was.

(Carolus Holman) #430

I hate wearing old clothes that are still brand new. Are they still fashionable?

(Arlene) #431

This happened when I put pork chops on our grill. I’ve never tried cooking them on the grill before, so I was real surprised when I had to finish cooking them in the pan because I couldn’t get the flames to go out on the grill. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I told my butcher to leave plenty of fat on them.

(Carolus Holman) #432

If you have a multi-burner grill try indirect heat, that is turn on a side burner and place them in the middle. If you use charcoal, move the charcoal to the side and grill, place the top on the grill, they should come out great!

(Roxanne) #433

@ernest had suggested using indirect heat and that does work (but means I can’t cover the entire surface at once) and the meat is more baked than BBQ’d, but I crisp it a bit on the hot side while watching closely to get the BBQ flavor.

(Arlene) #434

Nice idea but this is an indoor grill that’s part of my stove top. Only one burner that covers the entire space. It was worth it for the grilled flavor, even if I had to move them to a fry pan to finish the cooking process. I’ll definitely be cooking pork chops this way again.

(Liz ) #435

An acquaintance didn’t recognize me after I lost 40 pounds! Awkward :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Ernest) #436

Indirect cooking is to get it cooked inside. Always Finish it over the hot coals to get that grill flavor CRISP!
BBQ is low and slow but that’s a story for another day. LOL

(Consensus is Politics) #437

OI VEY! I was just thinking about this very thing the other day. What effect on dental hygiene does a Keto diet have. I made it a thought exercise for a little while.

1- I already knew that carby foods were worse than hard candy for teeth. Oatmeal cookies for example might technically be better for you, but those sticky carbs get caught in your teeth and feed the bacteria that slowly erode your enamel. The sugars from hard candies just wash away.

2- I couldn’t think of anything else that gets stuck like that but starches… Breads, taters, etc were always getting stuck to the surface of my teeth. The horrors of eating a burrito for lunch, all that tortilla stuck between all my teeth. Go though several tooth picks to clear out that gunk.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #438

LMFAO

(KCKO, KCFO) #439

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

(Liz ) #440

I keep filling my fridge with ridiculously delicious food and then FASTING :rofl:

(Damon Chance) #441

I have the same problem!