Keto Complaint Department

(Carpe salata!) #403

Those 9 tips include losing weight and eating good fats ( keto) as well as zinc and vitamin D. I like to eat some oysters when I can and get some sunshine … winning. :slight_smile:

So when do I get to look like the guy in the video?

(Carpe salata!) #405

After your next haircut?

(Lauren) #406

I have bacon thieves.

There were 8 pieces of bacon on this plate. I went to get a drink from the kitchen, and came back to this sad, lonely piece. The thieves were found giggling behind the couch, tell-tale smears of grease on their hands and lips. Darn keto teaching my kids to love bacon!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #407

Uh-oh! Trouble in paradise! Can’t you get them to go back to eating Sugar-Frosted Flakes?

Bought new casual clothes today. J crew, hilfiger, Columbia. I notice that 36 in waist is about the largest they carry. This is the first time I have been a 36 in waist in about 2 decades.

(Ernest) #409

Use indirect heat when grilling.

(Roxanne) #410

I’ll try that. I guess I already do that for “beer can” whole chicken, hadn’t thought of doing it for chicken thighs!

(Susan) #411

new complaint: now that I’m down 25 pounds (that’s 10 more since my first complaint in August) have noticed in the past couple of weeks that it’s not as comfortable to sleep on my side, bonier knees making contact with each other wakes me up! What will it be like next year when I’ve lost 90 more pounds to get to goal?

(KCKO, KCFO) #412

Ah bony knees, those really hurt, but fit nicely in much smaller jeans. So I have to be careful with my knees while sleeping and I have to buy more pants. No end to the hassles you have with Keto.

(Sophie) #413

Testify Sisters!!! Bad knees are the bane of an existence! My remedy to the boney, hurtful knees is an extra fluffy pillow at night placed strategically between them, nice 'n snug, with an arm draped over for good measure. Benefits the lower spine too…everything in nice alignment equals a very restful sleep. Wake up refreshed and Rock those Skinny Jeans Like You Mean It! :+1:

(Doug) #414

Ha - :smile: - this - and I have a lot left to lose but the knees and hips have already become much more apparent…

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #415

Stupid keto.

My doctor took away my pre-diabetes diagnosis AND my high blood pressure meds.
My clothes are falling off of me.
I have no underwear that fits.
I have to keep buying new shoes because I keep running/jogging/walking due to all this energy.

Stupid keto.

I’m so embarrassed. Went to the doctor today (first time since March), and he just gushed about great I look and how I’m disappearing! (Lost 50 pounds per dr scales total/19 pounds since late March). How’s a girl to handle all that praise?

(mike) #417

I had to buy all new underwear!! Damnit!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #418

I’ve already had to start looking for better fitting blue jeans—you mean I’m going to have to look for new underwear, too? :bacon:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #419

Curses on you, keto! All I wanted to do today was play on the computer, and you made me get out and blow leaves for a while!

(KCKO, KCFO) #420

Keto made me buy new socks today, the others just slipped around on my feet. Damned annoying Keto.

(Barbara Lehr) #421

@GhostlySmile Me too! And most days I wear dresses. Um. Not cool!