KETO Class of 2017

hypothyroid
newbies

(KCKO, KCFO) #121

Hope you are on the mend Pneumonia is awful, I’ve had it twice. I got the shots against it finally so hopefully I’ll never come down with it again.

I notice the notifications are screwy since the server change earlier this month. Just saw your post today.

As far as reset to keto, bacon and eggs always does it for me, a couple of those meals and I’m there.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #122

Hi,

Thanks! My Dr refuses since I am only 55…which doesn’t make sense because I get so sick.

I’ve havent been on much because my work is busy. But I’ll be vacationing this weekend and will catch up with everyone.

I did got back to bacon and eggs! That was great advice. But it seems I either drastically under eat (which is different then fasting because you’re still feeding yourself .) or I somehow sneak in carbs. Such a struggle for me and it’s crazy because I have all the answers.

I’m very confused about how much is too much protein? Aren’t Carnivores eating too much protein?

Hmmm…

KCKO

Cailyn

(KCKO, KCFO) #123

Well protein it something that seems to be argued about all over the place. I think we all have different needs for it. When I was younger I hardly ate it for about 20 yrs. 3 of which as vegetarian eating only. Now that I am post menopause, I find the more I have the better my body likes it. I even went to the Carnivore Conference last week. Learned a lot. Not sure I could give up all the green things, which are the bulk of my non meat eating these days. Gave up grains and haven’t looked back, those things made me miserable and unhealthy. I still eat some alluims, cauliflower, nuts, and seeds.

I think you need to experiment to see how much your body can handle effectively.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #124

August 14 2019 CW 344 SW 377 GW 180

Newsflash Kids! I stepped away from the forums, podcasts, food logging and obsessing about food, weight, health and Keto.

You could say I had an epiphany that I needed help. I came to realize I do have an eating disorder and my thinking was absolutely skewed, preventing me from living my life.

I joined @CarrieBrown and @kim’s Healthy Happy Keto program. What a freaking RELIEF!

Honestly, I missed 2 of the 3 calls because I was so busy just living life in KetoSis. Let me share with you, these ladies have a great program which enables you to be in control, but doesn’t require you to think and plan. Kudos!

I am continuing to take time off the podcasts, websites and forum as I build my new life.

I have found these trigger me to think about food constantly, and to think about what my life will be like when. Instead, I’m living daily, in the moment, eating easily and have broken my 18 month stall.

Thank you to all the Ketogenic Forum peeps, @carl @richard @CarrieBrown @kim @Daisy @Brenda

Combined you’re an amazing team and each of you is blessed to have discovered Keto, and each other.

When I’m mentally strong enough, I’ll be back to participating and helping others save their life too.

For now, I am grateful to you all.
Cailyn
~Class of 2017 KCKO
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And just a reminder of my starting point 7/31/17

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/5/4/542e3937f836c6721bc99010c9ff78c81ee4afff_2_281x500.jpg

(Susan) #125

Congratulations on your Keto successes =). You look great =).