Keto Checklist: My Data/Metrics for Dec/Jan

data
weightloss
progress

(Christopher Hodge) #1

So for data purposes I created a Keto “checklist” as a means to record my weight loss progress, and also show whether or not I was compliant for each day. I’ve done this for two months so far, and I decided to show how weightloss progress can be hindered by frequent drinking (but generally staying low carb).

Some key take-aways:

• If I drink all the time, I’m not really going to lose weight

• If I drink a lot, stay low carb for meals, and stick to miller lites and bourbon, I don’t gain weight

• The longer you stay strict on Keto and avoid alcohol, the more rapid the body fat loss seems to be.

• If I drink, sleep will be poor, and that seems to affect weightloss (I have sleep apnea)

Here are the December Results with a lot of drinking, but mainly sticking to the keto meal plan: (down ~2 pounds)
Imgur

Here are the January results with almost no drinking and being very strict on carb consumption (down ~10 pounds):
Imgur

Excellent data collection and analysis.

(Michelle) #3

Holy Tracking Batman!!! I love your record keeping. I have given up alcohol for January, but will reintroduce it again in February. I just cannot live the rest of my life without some vino now and again. I wish I could have the tracking dedication you do!!!

(Christopher Hodge) #4

@MKChitown I hear you there. I’ve been homebrewing for years but had to switch to making homemade wine given that beer just has too many (delicious) carbs.

The key is trying to moderate yourself so that you’re only drinking once or twice a week at most. I’ll be reintroducing bourbon back into the mix in February but plan to be more more cautious with my consumption so I can still lose some weight.

I figure I’d rather try to lose the weight on a slower basis but still allow myself the social beverages from time to time.

(Christopher Hodge) #5

@Fiorella Thank you. I love having data points so I can go back and analyze what works and doesn’t work for weightloss. I also like to see data for other people as a means to justify the low carb approach.

(Michelle) #6

agree 100%. I mean, you do have to enjoy your way of life and be happy with yourself. If that means good health, slower weight loss (or staying in maintenance mode) then so be it. If this is my way of eating for the rest of my days, then there’s definitely going to be some vino worked in.

You are a good example to our community of the process of n=1. Bravo!