Keto challenge

(Kaiden) #122

I assumed it was like regular bacon, but more polite, and metric.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #123

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #124

Canadian bacon is a lot more like the bacon my ex and I used to get from our butcher in London. When I asked the butcher what to ask for when we moved to the U.S., he said to ask for uncured back gammon. Whatever it was, it was lovely, and uncured back gammon seems to be unobtainable here. At one point Marks & Sparks was going to try to make Canadian bacon available in the U.S., but I’m not sure it ever happened. Taylor ham seems to be something like, however.

(Ashley) #125

Got to weigh in early than normal today. 214 exactly today. Which means I lost 7lbs total from Friday. Also means I will probably be around 1lb down tomorrow before eating so I’m assuming my total loss would be 8lbs by tomorrow from 221. I know I’ll probably gain some back. But it’s so exciting to know in 7 days I’ve lost 7-8lbs almost 10lbs if you include the jump I had to almost 223. Which means I’m now at my smallest I’ve been in 5 years and also 37lbs lost since March 23rd. Pretty dang awesome!

(Tricia) #126

@monsterjuice, That is fantastic!!! Yay you!!!:blush:

(Ashley) #127

Thank you, I’m not going to lie though I need other food lol, tomorrow I’m thinking maybe fathead bagels with eggs and cheese and maybe just maybe some bacon.

(Ashley) #128

Ate regular food today and just weighed in at 212.3 so I’m still losing.

Yay you!! Can you tell me what the protocol for this experiment is? Is t just 1.5 pounds of bacon a day and nothing else? Thank you!

(Ashley) #130

It’s between 1 and 1.5 lbs for woman, 2 for males. I did it for a week and lost about 8lbs. It’s just bacon.

Wow! I have been in a bit of a stall. Maybe I should try this.

Were you able to stay within your macros with that? That’s the only concern I might have for me.

(Ashley) #132

I didn’t follow macros at all, macros isn’t in stone, don’t worry about your macros. I loosely follow mine and didn’t for this change, I was in a four week stall until bacon!

I will give it a try next week, after my visiting family leaves. Thanks!

(Ron) #134

Bacon fits macro profiles pretty well on it’s own.

PROTEIN: 4.1 g (31.0%)
NET CARBS: 0.2 g (1.4%)
FAT: 4.2 g (67.6%)

(Ashley) #135

I think most people just see “ I have to hit 84g protein, I have to hit 120g fat mentality “

Thank you. Makes sense.

(Ashley) #137

Yeah it actually will confuse your body from being used to the same macros, it makes it adjust so it throws the body a curveball essentially. Will help when the challenge is over because you’ve shocked your system.

That’s just what I need. I will definitely give it a try. Thank you! Plus, bacon for a week? Sounds like winning the lottery :joy:

(Ashley) #139

It was good until the very end where I was like okay it was nice eating bacon but I want cheese.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #140

Okay, tell me a bit more about this. I’m reading that you’re allowed eggs too. Is there a limit on eggs? Do you have to get in your bacon and then can fill in with eggs, or can you replace some of the bacon with eggs?

Are you allowed anything other than bacon and eggs?

I went ahead and did the Zorn fast instead of finishing the Beyond Bacon week since I messed that up pretty early on. I’m down 3 pounds after 60 hours of fasting, but likely at least 2 of that will come back. I’ll be pretty happy with 1 pound out of it though. I’m eating 2 meals today and then I think I’ll go back into a fast for Sunday and Monday. Then I’m thinking it’s time for this bacon experiment.

(Ashley) #141

I think it’s one egg per two slices of bacon so you’d sub out the bacon for eggs. It’s only bacon and eggs! I don’t think you add butter or anything. If you wanted eggs I’d probably do boiled. I do medium boiled eggs and their nice n creamy. But I have a egg cooker off amazon so does perfect ones everytime!