Keto challenge

(Tricia) #1

Hello!
I’m not sure if anyone is interested, but Dan Quibell-The Bacon Experiment guy is having a Free 7 day keto weight loss challenge. www.freeketochallenge.com
I’m not sure if I’m going to do it yet. Let me know what you all think!

I'll Say One Thing for CICO
(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

I was just reading about this guy and his experiment. I don’t think I could go a whole 30 days on nothing but bacon. I like variety too much. But I was wondering what a week would do.
I also don’t think I could consume 2 pounds a day. Maybe a little over a pound.

I couldn’t find anywhere about what he drank. I wonder if it was only water or if he did coffee or tea. I’m assuming if he did others it was not BP, but would plain tea be allowable???

I tried a bacon fast. By day 2, diarrhea forced me out of it. I was eating a little over a pound a day. Might not have been the bacon that caused the problem, but I haven’t had diarrhea since starting keto 6 months ago, so the timing is suspicious.

And yes, I actually eat bacon all the time!

(Tricia) #4

The challenge isn’t just bacon. He has a food list and menu with 2 or 3 different options per meal to choose from. There’s no dairy, although I saw you could have 1 1/2 tablespoons of half & half and almond milk. Now, I LOVE LOVE my coffee! I dont think I’d like half & half and almond milk.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #5

Do you think pork belly would count under bacon? He said he ate both regular bacon and back bacon during his experiment. I could probably do it longer if I could switch up regular bacon and pork belly.:yum:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #6

Sorry, I commented before I read your reply. I’m still interested in the bacon challenge. I’m thinking I may have to do a mini version of it.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #7

How many strips is a pound? Also, as I have noted, an all meat diet does not work with my system at all! I need the veggies.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #8

In an interview I read, he said 2 pounds was roughly 30 pieces, so 1 pound would be 15. But he also used thick cut bacon and back bacon, which is much wider than typical bacon.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #9

I go through around ten for breakfast. So - I’m guessing I could do the 30!!! Though I know my system would not tolerate just that. But it sounds like a yummy challenge.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #10

I could easily do that much in regular bacon. But thick cut or back bacon would be almost double the bulk of typical bacon.

(Ashley) #11

I may have to try this for science, and because it’s bacon.

(Tricia) #12

It looks like a good challenge…could be fun! I just dont want to give up my hwc in my coffee!

(Teresa (turtle)) #13

I just signed up…not sure if I will follow through with it in its entirety though. :bacon:

(Ashley) #14

Ah I can’t even join that because apparently you have to have FB and I don’t. Oh well I’m going to give it a go tomorrow anyways :slight_smile: anybody know what it’s recommended amounts? I can’t read anything about the challenge unless signed up

(Tricia) #15

I’d post the grocery list and menu, but I can’t figure out how to do it.

(Ashley) #16

That’s fine, I was referring to the bacon only challenge, can’t seem to find out exactly how much bacon a day. Although eat til full will tell me anyways. Thank you though :slight_smile:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #17

If you’re following his original one, it’s two pounds of bacon a day.

(Ashley) #18

Oh boy that’s alot of bacon lol!

I understand the advantage/appeal of doing the keto bacon challenge if you were coming from a SAD. I’d be curious to see what happens to people who are already keto adapted for a while and what sort of weight loss the challenge produces for somebody who doesn’t have a lot of carb-related water weight to lose.

(Ashley) #20

I have been keto since March 23rd. Definetly fat adapted. I weigh myself almost daily due to my work having a doctors scale that’s leveled and set correctly. I plan on buying some bacon. Probably going to give it a go this weekend. Have a bit of meat to get through first so I’m thinking I’ll start Saturday or Sunday! Unless I decide to just freeze it and start sooner! I’ll let you guys know how it goes. Been at the same weight a bit now so it’ll be interesting.